Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Love of a Mother [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

205 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'4"

Iris said, "No, it's alright, Mr. Appleton..." She wasn't offended, for she could tell the girl was ill. "You don't feel well," she murmured to the girl, "I understand." Iris retracted several respectful steps and folded her hands in front of her. "I ought not get so close without her permission. It was unintentionally rude."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice pulled more of the blanket up to her chin. "Aye, ye were."

"Oh for once, can ye not!?" Tobias thundered. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Carpenter. Let's go."

Alice's eyes flashed to husband and she lifted her chin.

205 Posts
6 Threads

"Mrs. Appleton," she said with a gentle nod and quit the room, nonplussed by the girl.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias turned on his heel and followed Iris out. He made his way downstairs, took his glass and walked over to the cabinet. Then he thought better of it and set the glass down. If Iris had followed him, he turned to her. "I'm sorry about that."

205 Posts
6 Threads

"I understand... She's ill. I'm... I am sorry." She had followed him, and she was feeling slightly warm from the brandy. She moved to sit down again.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias sat down as well. "Aye, she's ill," he said. "She'll still be lying in at least for this week and the next, so she shouldn't be a bother to you. After that, I hope she'll be... better mannered again." Whatever 'again' means, Tobias thought.

205 Posts
6 Threads

She gave a nod. There was no pity in her eyes, only understanding. The woman was definitely the motherly sort and couldn't seem to help but want to take care of someone. Her eyes were hooded as they peered.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias wished he had his glass still, just to have something to do. He caught her gaze but looked away, while trying to come up with a different subject. Once he had found it, he looked back at her with more confidence. "Will ye join us for church tomorrow?"

205 Posts
6 Threads

She gave a slight nod and said, "Of course." And then she smiled brilliantly. It was the first real smile she had given to anyone but Emma.

744 Posts
16 Threads

The bright smile surprised him, and not having seen her smile so genuinely before, he wasn't sure how to interpret it. He smiled back awkwardly. "What's the matter?"