Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Facing the Music [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

Pearl was all nerves by the end of the carriage ride from Gretna Green. She would rather, however, face the Blacke family than her own family in this case, knowing they would be in so much trouble but... Ah, that could not be helped now. They were well and truly married, or so they thought, and they had consummated their vows. She hoped that a babe was coming too so that could solidify their union and there would be no dispute.

She swallowed heavily and touched Joe on the shoulder, "We're here..." she mumbled. It was late but they had finally made it to their stop, and then they would have to walk from there.

At some point, they were standing by the door and she was looking at him with a worried glance. "Perhaps you should go in first."

286 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Joe's Jotter
Height: 5 feet 10
Alias: BlackAck

"Aye. Stay behind me, me parents can have a temper." Joe fumbled with the key in the lock, betraying his own nerves. The door opened just a crack. "Hallo?" He called out tentatively.

195 Posts
7 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Bill moved to the door as soon as he heard the key in the keyhole. Kate was already in bed and Ruth wouldn't visit this late. This could only be one person. A person marked for a good trashing if you asked Bill. He pulled the door open wide, and behold! "You have some nerve to show yer face here!" he thundered.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She swallowed and found that if she made herself small enough, Mr. Blacke might not notice her. She hid behind Joe at first and then remembered she had a spine. She peeked over Joe's shoulder and said, "If you just let him explain, we'll get this all sorted out, yes?"

286 Posts
8 Threads

Bill's volume temporarily defeaned Joe as spittle landed on him. Of course it had to be his father who opened the door.

"So, ye got the letter then."

325 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her

Bills shout had alerted Lottie to who was calling. She fidgeted with her mending.

"Bill, down, sit down. Allow these children to come in and explain themselves."

195 Posts
7 Threads

"Yer letter? Yer bloody letter?!" Bill was about to grab Joe by the ear and drag him in like he was a little boy caught with stolen sweets, but his wife spoke up first. What had happened to battering Joe like a cod?

Bill stepped out of the way. "In," he demanded. And now he cast a glance at young Miss Carrington for the first time, for he had ignored her before, being so angry with Joe. She was a pretty girl, aye. But God help them all. She did not belong here.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pearl got brave then, remembering that she had faced Anne Carrington many times and come out the victor, if wounded every time. Lottie and William Blacke might be tough, but they didn't seem to be ones to make one gird your loins. She took a deep breath and said softly, "If you're going to be angry, please be angry at me. The elopement was my idea, though he had asked me to marry him. I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt, least of all your family or my father... But you see, I... I love him. And my brother dying, I..." She looked upward, clearly fighting tears. "We couldn't marry under normal circumstances regardless of that either... Joe is the only person in my life that treats me as an equal."

286 Posts
8 Threads

Joe did not dawdle at his father's command. The presence of Pearl was probably saving him from an old fashioned thrashing.

"Hallo, mam." Joe said as he entered the main room.

"Joseph." His mother replied formally.

195 Posts
7 Threads

Bill followed them into the main room and closed the door. "With all due respect, Miss Carrington, but this is between us and Joe." He looked at his son. "Well, speak, you idiot!"