Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Things you read in the newspaper [Market, Shops and Spas]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

He pulled back the newspaper.  "Dae yu know yur family's lawyer?   I have a few lawyers in London that 'ave an office in New York.  I trust them."  He added firmly.  "I could 'ave them put in a few messages to find oot something.  'ave them say that yur family 'ad put in for some portraits and they were done and we wanted tae be sure yu got them or something of that sort.  Perhaps, they could find oot more aboot where things are with the situation.  Yu could at least find oot aboot the inheritence, yu should nae be living as a maid, lass."  He stated gently.

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

"I don't remember his name..." she said honestly... As for how she was living, that finally broke her down and she burst into tears. "What else am I to do? I cannot work in a workhouse and I will not work on my back... I had no other choice." She started to feel like she wanted to go to Viktre, he would make her forget for a minute... he would make he feel something other than what she was feeling now. She looked out the carriage window.
[Image: Pippa1.png]

280 Posts
8 Threads

He frowned.  "I am sure we can 'ave my lawyers ask aroond, discreetly, of course.  Yu should 'ave access tae yur money tae live on.  Yu need a lawyer 'ere.  If yu would like, I can bring one of mine 'ere tae advise yu."  He suggested.

"But the main thing is yur safety.  If this person that sent yu a letter finds oot yu are 'ere, yu need tae be protected.  With this image of yu."  He paused looking at the image.  "It is nae a good one, but if someone sees yu, they might contact the newspaper reporter there."  He tapped the name of the writer.

327 Posts
9 Threads

She put her hands on her knees, her head lowered. She took a deep but unsteady breath and murmured, "I am going to faint again." But she didn't immediately faint, she started to breathe heavily.

280 Posts
8 Threads

He frowned giving her a concerned look.  "Lass, breath slowly.  In with yur nose and oot with yur mouth.  It is said tae 'elp.  Or sae I've 'eard said."  He said.  "I think yu need tae 'ave Dr. Wells see yu." 

He didn't know who to protect her from, but felt that either Tristan or he should keep an eye for her.  Or perhaps hire someone to go along with her when she went out of the house.  Someone to see if there was anyone unusual hanging around her or following her.

327 Posts
9 Threads

"Why do you even care about me?" she cried out. Pippa had once felt strongly about just having him look at her, but it was like he saw her as a damsel in distress every time they met. If he had only... Her eyes widened and she stumbled toward the door and began to bang on it. The unmistakable gurgle let him know she was going to be ill. Assuming the door opened, she didn't wait for the step to be lowered, she let go and wretched. She felt horrified eyes upon her and went red, ignoring witnesses and starting to simply walk toward where she left the earl.

280 Posts
8 Threads

The driver closed the carriage, and as Pip left Douglas followed.  First paying the driver, of course.  He avoided the mess that Pip had left behind as he ran to catch up with her.  "I care because I cannae stand for people to be 'urt by those with more power and that 'ave nae way tae defend self.  That day at the library the way the social snobs acting like that make me angry.  Sae, I wanted tae 'elp yu then, but my 'elp then would 'ave only made things worse."

He continued to walk with her, keeping an eye on her to be sure he was ready in case she fainted again.  "Then now yu work for my friend.  Yu've 'ad a rough time of life of late from what I am seeing all the more than even before.  I would nae see that 'appen tae anyone if I can 'elp.   With yu I think I could, if yu would allow it."  He stated.  "Yu are ill, throwing up like that and fainting, lass, please let get yu tae the doctor."  He pleaded with true concern.

327 Posts
9 Threads

"I..." her hands wrung together and she looked away. "I am frightened, my lord." And it was true. "You have brought up something that frightens me to the point of illness, that is all." It was a feeble excuse at best but she was trying to avoid her employer.

280 Posts
8 Threads

Douglas gave her an understanding glance.  He understood about being afraid.  His episodes were like being stalked by the darkness and worst images he could ever imagine.  The problem was that he had seen them in real life.  He reached out to catch her elbow gently.

" 'u cannae live yur life looking over yur should wondering if the next man you see that is from yur past or even a stranger as yu dinna know who this is.  Yu will live with nerves making yu sick, even if yu think yu are 'iding it from yurself."  He thought of his own efforts in doing that.  "It dinna work.  Trust me.  I know.  It makes yu sick like yu are now, only less visible until yu collapse."

"Yu are nae alone, lass.  Yu 'ave yur employer and now yu 'ave me.  A friend.  If yu would allow me tae be one."  He offered his hand with palm out in offering.  "I dae care."

327 Posts
9 Threads

"Dr. Wells? I highly doubt he wants to know this much about me." She shook her head. "And you're right, I don't think I can do this anymore. But what do I do in the meantime? Where do I go if I stop working for Dr. Wells?" Her eyes were tired as they peered at him. "I can't get close to anyone... Not now..." then she said to herself, "Although that might be too late," under her breath.