Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Things you read in the newspaper [Market, Shops and Spas]

280 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=369
Height: 6'5"

Douglas eyes went wide as she fell.  His arm was already there, so he caught her before she fell to the ground.  Other people saw what happened, and came to see what happened, and one man asked to help.  "Send for a carriage!"  He replied.

The man did so and Douglas laid Pip down gently on the ground.  It wasn't long till one of the Vaughn carriages came and Douglas lifted Pip up again, carrying her to the carriage.  He called out the directions to Tristan's house/office when the driver dropped down to open the carriage door as it was obvious that Douglas's hands were full.

Inside the carriage, Douglas laid Pip down carefully on one side and sat down on the other side with one hand on her to arm to steady her as the carriage took off.

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

She remained that way until almost home when she began to stir and moaned. Her eyes opened and she found herself staring at the ceiling of the carriage. "Wh... what?" She sat up, "Where are you taking me?" she asked groggily to the Earl.
[Image: Pippa1.png]

280 Posts
8 Threads

"Easy lass.  Yu are safe.  We are nearly there.  I am taking yu tae yur 'ome tae see Dr. Wells."  He spoke gently.  "Yu fainted, lass.  Move slowly."

327 Posts
9 Threads

"I... I am fine, as you can see. I don't think it is necessary to alert Dr. Wells..." Her eyes were on him now. She sat up slowly, nevertheless.

280 Posts
8 Threads

"Lass, yu dinna look fine tae me.  Yu are pale as a sheet.  I've seen yu upset and yu dinna faint then."  Well, she might have if they had not gotten her up to get air, but she had seemed standing then.  "I can ask the driver tae take us a aroond the park while yu talk tae me and tell me what is 'appening, or I am taking yu tae see the doctor.  Well, if yu are nae feeling better by then I think yu should gae 'ave the doctor give yu a look, but if yu are steady then, I will think on it."  He compromised.

327 Posts
9 Threads

She looked away from him and sighed, "Fine. I'll talk... Just... please... I don't think I can face him right now." She wrung her hands. "Yes... Somebody is looking for me..." she looked down. "What do you want to know?"

280 Posts
8 Threads

He leaned out the carriage window.  "Driver, she is feeling a bit better, could yu drive around the park for a while I make sure she is fine?"

The driver nodded and changed the direction of the carriage.  Douglas leaned back inside and sat back to look at Pip.  "First, since this person is looking for yu, is it this one that did yur family?  Secondly, dae yu know who it is?"

327 Posts
9 Threads

"I swear, I don't know who he is... someone thought it was a beau I may have rejected. There haven't been many of those and from what I know, they are all happily married by now. I don't know who killed my family. But he sent me a letter... He knew things he shouldn't know. I tried to tell the authorities but they wouldn't hear me." She looked into his eyes by that point, clearly being honest.

280 Posts
8 Threads

He pulled out the newspaper and handed it to her.  "Read over it a bit more closely, see if there is anything there that yu might nae know before yu left."  He thought a bit.  "Yu are using yur real name, but these people looking likely won't be looking for yu working as a maid.  But we need tae figure oot 'ow tae make sure the one that is wanting tae 'urt yu finds yu 'ere."

He then bit over his bottom lip as he thought about it a bit longer.  "We dinna even know if the people in the newspapers are the same person.  I think they are looking to contact yu about yur inheritance.  That could be lawyers."

327 Posts
9 Threads

"Please don't make me read it..." she whispered, putting her hands up. "I cannot bear it. I've already relived it enough. I haven't even had a chance to grieve them properly..." She had the urge to get out of the carriage and bolt. Oh, she really was beginning to feel sick to her stomach and dizzy again. Her head moved into her hands and she took a few, deep breaths. "Ask me something else..."