Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Shopping for what? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

117 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: her/she
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=366
Height: 5'5"

Knowing her business, Vela looked more closely at the plots and how things were laid out.  She nodded with great approval.  This farm was exactly the kind of large-sized vegetables that she liked to use.  He let them grow long enough to be large and didn't seem to pick too early so the taste would be at its peak. 

"I love that you are not taking them out before they are done growing.  Some do that, and they get the smaller size with an odd taste."  She commented.  Then she looked around. "Would you happen to have an animal that you were about to butcher?"  She asked quietly with a polite glance his way.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

"Got a sheep that's gettin' a bit lang in th' tooth. she'll be headin' tae th' butcher in puckle weeks. Come thes way, ye can meit 'er."

The Farmer waved them along and Angus figured the message was clear enough without him having to translate. They make their way over to a fence and Mclean pointed out into the pasture where a flock of sheep was absently munching. They'd been recently sheered but weren't uncomfortable in the early autumn weather. One of them was a mature ewe that looked to be just past her prime and he nods to her.

"That's th' a body, she's jist hud 'er lest summer givin' birth."

Mclean explained and Angus would fill in that the older sheep was going to be slaughtered soon if she needed the help figuring it out.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela looked at the animal.  It was older but it was still in good health for meat.  It wouldn't be so old to affect the meals that would be made.  She nodded looking at the other sheep and saw that they were well cared for as well.  Since they had recently been sheered she could see the meat from them someday would also be very good.  She approved totally of what she would be getting from here.

"I do appreciate you letting me visit.  I am looking forward to cooking with your vegetables and meats."  She gave Angus a look with a smile as well.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"It wisnae trooble at aw lass but yoo're welcome. aye enjoy showin' fowk fa appreciate guid wark th' farm. we micht be wee but me an' mine dae uir best tae make sure everythin' 'at comes it ay haur is somethin' eh'd serve oan mah ain table. ye tois hae a guid day noo."

Old farmer Mclean gave her a grin and a wave as Angus and Vela got loaded back up on the cart. The big Sctosmen gave a return wave and leaned in to say softly.

"He said he was happy to have you visit."

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela gave a weak confused look at Angus went the other man spoke.  With a relieved glance at Angus as he explained what had been said, she nodded.  "Expect my business regularly for the Blackwood kitchen and likely from my own personal usage, if you can handle it.  I cater various events and dinners.  I have gotten several clients over the next several months and expect more over time."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh aye, well lookin' forward ta it."

The old man said with an incline of his head following the statement. Angus not translating since that had seemed plain enough to be understood as he cracks the reigns and they head back toward the manor. While they'd been chatting the farmer's sons had loaded the wagon with the week's produce. It all looked positively delicious neatly piled into baskets that they'd bring back to the farm on their next trip.