Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Not This Guy Again [Market, Shops and Spas]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

She had a day off and had visited her mother and father with Jacob, and was now carrying him in a wrap while carrying a basket. She was using her pay to buy some things, like fabric for some clothing for the babe, and a book or two. The last person she wished to see was Angus, but he was farthest from her mind today because she was too busy daydreaming about Edward Blackwood and how he had so gallantly stood up for her as a woman and a mother. Even if it had fallen upon deaf ears...

She hummed softly as she found her way to the fabric stall, fingering a pretty fabric that would make a fine, Sunday frock. But, alas, she wasn't going to spend her hard earned money on her vanity when she had a little one to raise.

She pointed to the fabrics that she could make more nappies out of, for the boy was getting bigger. She also found a toy for him; a little rattle. "Do ye like that, lad?" she asked softly after she made the purchase, shaking the thing gently and smiling at his wide eyed wonder at the toy. "There ye are, me love," she crooned.

17 Posts
3 Threads

Height: 6'1''

Angus was at the market looking for something to eat. Something cheap. His father still refused to send him money and so he had spent the last change he had on a good bottle of liquor, and now he had exactly one penny left to find himself something to eat.

Well shite.

He looked around and his tired eyes landed on a gracious form he knew all too well. He groaned quietly. Oh double the shite. He had thought the town was large enough to not run into her. He hadn't even been so sure that she had run back home. It wasn't like her shitty parents would be likely to take her back. Well, apparently they had.

Eww.. was that gurgling hairless koala... his?

He turned and walked away quickly. Too quickly. His foot hit a basket of apples. There was a loud, "OI!". Apples rolled across the square.

306 Posts
13 Threads

At the sound of his very familiar voice, she looked up from Jacob and there was Angus, doing what Angus did best... running away. Scowling, she stuffed her purchase into her basket and then went to leave. Problem was... she had to go the direction in which Angus stumbled. Lifting her nose in the air, she harumphed and started to walk past. "Believe ye me, Angus," she growled on her way, "I want nothin' ta do with ye and yer shenanigans!"

Then she got brave and whirled around, "I wish we had never married! I'd wish I'd never met ye, but then I wouldn't have me bairn. Don't ye worry, mate, I'll take care of him. I don't need ye."

17 Posts
3 Threads

Oh wasn't that just like Ruth!? Causing a scene and embarrassing him in a crowd like the attention sick woman she was. Good thing she wanted nothing to do with him, for he wanted nothing to do with her and the unwanted dau-,

Him?

He had actually fathered a son? He shrugged at Ruth, but inwardly glowed with pride. He didn't have time to reflect on it.

"Oi, yer gonna pay for those apples!" shouted the salesman.

"I'm gonna have a doctor look at my foot and you're gonna pay for it, for putting that bloody basket in the way." Angus shouted back.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"There ye go, blamin everyone else fer yer own stupidity," she called out when she heard him yelling at the vendor for having his apples right where they were supposed to be. She sighed and pinched her nose. Why couldn't he just disappear forever? Her eyes narrowed and she adjusted Jacob in his wrap. The boy looked on with curious, wide eyes.

17 Posts
3 Threads

"I'll have you arrested!" Shouted the salesman, but Angus walked away. He passed Ruth without looking at her or responding to her, but then turned and cast a look at the babe. His son. His father's grandson...

"Constable!" Shouted the salesman.

Angus ran. He'd have to hatch that evil plan some other time.