Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Refreshments and a Return [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

15 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'8"

Alice had put it off for long enough. She needed to return, she had to come home... She did not know how she felt about it. Her parents had sent for her though, she had to wonder if this is what kidnapping felt like. She had been quite content on her little trip in London. She was back where she felt that she belonged. She was with her friends and other family members. She was participating in parties, she was on the scene, and it would be a lie to say that she was not revelling in it. Alice enjoyed the attention that she was getting, she enjoyed the fun that she was having... She enjoyed life. 

There she was though... She was back... Even more, she was back early. She had managed to wiggle her way onto an earlier ship, which brought her back a few hours before the time her dear parents had alotted for her. She had done this for a variety of reasons; she wanted to get back into the right head space for whatever she was going to be walking into, she wanted some peace before she had to be thrown into whatever mess there was, and finally, she was not ready to go back yet. Sighing as she steps into the cafe... Pausing, she looks around. She might look out of place, but so what? Breathing in deeply, she reaches up to undo the dark blue hat that graced her pretty head. Her dark hair was now exposed, the low bun revealed... She was attractive; she was taller than the average woman, she was slender and graceful.. She was born of good stock. Her eyes were a piercing blue and probably the first thing that was to be noticed. She was dressed in a white dress that was decorated with dark blue vertical stripes. Her dress was quite in fashion. 

Stepping further inside, the young beauty moves to an empty table... She would see a newspaper sitting there. Smirking, she lifts it as she sits down in a chair, her hat being placed in a chair beside her. When a waitress/waiter comes over to her, she ordered a sherry, she needed her nerves calmed... Closing her eyes for a moment, she rocks her head from side to side, getting the muscles to loosen. When the server comes back with her order, she thanks the person before they walk off. Taking a drink of the sherry, she moves her fingers along the edges of the newspaper as she sits back in the chair. 

"Dare I arrive uninformed and ill prepared..."
Her voice was soft, but not delicate... If anyone had been watching or listening, they would note a British accent and it was the accent that belonged to the upper class, her words were precise and very well enunciated. Based on the looks and the sound of her voice, she was a woman of class and well breeding. She was someone that you would want to know... Or would you?

17 Posts
3 Threads

Height: 6'1''

What on earth was Angus doing in a café? Wasn't a pub a much more suitable place for a young man on his own? Well, yes, but there were more young ladies in a café and he needed the comforting sight of pretty young ladies right now, to cheer him up. Rugged fishermen just didn't have the same effect.

After having gambled a lot of money two days ago, he had written to his father to ask for more, but the bastard had written back, telling him to go back to university or get a job.

Bastard.

Angus looked up from his tea when a particularly pretty and well-dressed young lady entered, and he almost smiled with glee when she sat down at the table next to his. As she seemed largely absorbed in her own troubles, he let his eyes rest on her to enjoy every delicate detail of her gracious form. Pretty and wealthy too, he deduced. Probably too high up in society for him, but Angus loved taking a challenge and beating the odds - even though that hobby had just cost him a large sum of money.

He raised his eyebrows lightly when she ordered a sherry and talked to herself. Definitely in distress, this one. She needed a hero. Well, here he was!

"Are you alright, Miss?" he asked softly, but loud enough to reach her.

15 Posts
2 Threads

(07-23-2021, 01:47 AM)Alice Carrington Wrote:
There she was minding her own business, absorbing it all in. She had lifted the paper from its place on the table and was now preparing to read it, but then a voice broke over her silence... Furrowing her brow, the young lady would turn her head towards the owner of the voice.. Her eyes saw the man seated before her. He was handsome in a proper sort of way. Breathing in a bit, she soon pushes the smile that she was so trained to do across her pink lips. 

"Of course.. Why wouldn't I be?"

She certainly was not about to get into her life story with some chap that asked her if she was in distress... There was a lot of things that she was, distress... Not it. As she looks to him, she folds the paper back in half before folding it again to replace it onto the table that she was gracing. Turning a bit in her chair, she leans against the arm... Even that was just graceful. Her blue eyes peering over to the stranger, she flicks the tip of her tongue across her lips. She did not know if she wanted to be nice because that is what was expected or if she wanted to bite because, well, he had just interrupted her moment of casual peace... Oh what the hell... Why not try nice and see where it takes her... 

Sitting up a bit, she shifts to rest against the other arm, her smile moving to something more charming and disarming. Batting her eyes, she rests her hand beneath her chin, her slender fingers holding it in place.

"And you would be?"

17 Posts
3 Threads

Angus cast his eyes down and sucked his lips in a little as if embarrassed. "Ah, sorry, Miss. You looked troubled, that's all." He looked up again and gave her a slight smile. "Angus McLeod, just a fool disturbing a young lady's peace, Miss. I do apologize. I'll leave you be."

He knew how to look sincere, even though he wasn't. A skill that came in handy most of the time. Angus was neither humble nor respectful.

15 Posts
2 Threads

Alice was a lot of things, but naive and stupid was not it. She knew how to play and what to look for when getting played. Watching this man, she wanted to chuckle, but she did not.. That would just give up her act of innocence, which was exactly what was needed at this very moment. Shifting in her chair as he apologizes for intruding, she waits for his line of exit.. She knew that would be when she needed to jump.... He certainly did not disappoint.

As he gave his exit line, Alice's eyes got bigger, that striking blue color seeming to pierce his heart as her lips formed into a simple yet elegant pout. A gloved hand moved to place itself over her heart (if she had one) would be. Her head tilting to the side, she continues on, her tone changing as it moves into something completely innocent.

"Oh Mr. McLeod, please forgive me for my brash behavior..."

Blinking a few times, she would seemingly be attempting to blink back tears. Rubbing her lips together, she dips her chin a bit as her eyes maintain their focus on him.

"My brother has passed and I have returned to attend his funeral..."

A few gasps would escape... Was she going to cry? Maybe... She did not know how far she needed to go yet. Rubbing her lips together, she lifts a napkin from her table and dabs her eye lightly. Clearing her throat, she extends a hand towards him.

"I am Alice Carrington... Again, Mr. McLeod, please forgive me for my brash behavior... I can assure you that it is quite unlike me."

17 Posts
3 Threads

Oh this was going really well. His plan worked. Angus suppressed a smirk while he congratulated himself on playing this delicate pretty thing so well. He was such a charming young man that in the end no woman could resist. And he could not resist them.

He was about to make his next move when she mentioned her name and just for a second the faux awkward expression fell for one of dread. He quickly caught himself but suddenly wasn't so sure whether to continue the game. He had heard of the name Carrington and of the death of this serial killer brother. Did he really want to get involved in that. Messing with such a family was a dangerous game anyway.

Definitely a bad idea.

Oh but those lovely blue eyes and that gracious form. Wouldn't it make him feel like he had the best prick in the country if he managed to seduce a Carrington?

He really had a great prick.

He laughed awkwardly because he realized he had zoned out. And then stopped himself because he realize that was an entirely inappropriate response to what she had just said. He was losing the game if he kept going like this.

"Oh, you needn't worry at all, Miss Carrington. I shouldn't have disturbed you in your grief." He took a handkerchief from his breast pocket and handed it to her, for she seemed near tears. "I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost a brother when I was younger and I've never felt lonelier."

15 Posts
2 Threads

The better question is could he seduce a Carrington? Would she even allow it? What would make him so spectacular that she would invite him into her bed? Took a lot to make that happen. She would not say that though. Instead, Alice threw on her naive and innocent expression... Why stop now? He could be an amusing distraction. When he laughed awkwardly, a brown brow arched. Her head tilting to the side... What had she said that was funny?

Inhaling a deep breath, she would soon offer her words as she forces a few drops of tears to escape. Her brother should be grateful that he was even getting that out of her. When he offered the handerkechief, she thanked him as he takes it from him. Dabbing her eyes carefully, she drops her hands into her lap.

Nodding once when he attempted to emphasize with her, she offered a curious expression.

"I do appreciate your concern... I am far from alone, Mr. McLeod... I have my siblings and my parents... The loss of a sibling is a difficult thing, even though the death was deserved. He was not always like that..."

Falling silent, she releases a soft sigh

"Oh well... Such is life, I imagine."

17 Posts
3 Threads

Angus nodded sympathetically. "I can imagine..."

No, he couldn't. He thought the bastard deserved what he got. But a super wealthy young lady was actually sharing her feelings with him and Angus could hardly believe his luck. He wasn't going to blow this opportunity by speaking his mind openly.

"It must be very confusing. But I'm glad you have your family to support you."

15 Posts
2 Threads

He could inagine? Could he really imagine? That was unbelievable, but who was she to argue? She did not say anything in response to that. Why should she? Frowning, she releases a slight hmpf before she would sit up to take hold of the glass of sherry that was in front of her. Lifting it, she takes a drink from it before putting it down. Was she actually sharing her feelings? Not in the slightest... Too be truthful, should he really want to know how she really felt and what she wanted, she would have told him that she wished she could dance on his grave before leaving in a fortnight, but alas, that was not the appropriate response.

Tilting her head a bit to the side, she twists her lips in thought.

"How is it confusing? We live and die... If we live correctly than we can hope that God blesses us with old age and a peaceful death, if we live our life being cruel to others than well... You get a death fitting for such."

Shrugging her shoulders, she sits back in her chair.

"I imagine I do... We support each other...."

17 Posts
3 Threads

This was all a bit confusing. Her reaction wasn't quite the emotional one he had expected and it made him feel disoriented in his own game. "Oh, well, I just thought... since you said he wasn't always like that, it must be confusing to see what he became." He shrugged and sat back.