Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Nothing like home? [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

170 Posts
4 Threads

Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=454
Height: 5'1"

"Not playing, Mister Officer.  No parents.  Winter was cold, so I slept in here.  I will get out right away.  I just need to get my things.  I promise Mister Officer." 

She was polite, her voice was a low alto so sounded much like any boy of 10-13 before getting voice dropping.  She like most of her kind living on the street or in poverty was skinny and thin, almost elfish like those she spent time with.  Some thought she and Gus were brothers, but Gus was her best friend here in Whitby.  They had kept each other out of trouble often in the last few years.  Gus was actually younger than she was of course, but people thought he was older than Nat when they were side by side.

144 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Beat's by Bert
Height: 6 feet 3
Alias: BlackAck

"If ye don't live 'ere, ye broke the law and you'll 'ave to come with me to the police station.  If ye've got no family, then it'll be off to the orphanage for ye."
When constabulary duty's to be done...

170 Posts
4 Threads

That she would make sure didn't happen.  She lived on her own this far without getting sent to the orphanage and avoiding jail.  "I need to get my things."  She headed back upstairs and started stuffing her important things into her backpack.  Her two personal blankets were still tied into the bottom of it.  She had been using the bedding that had been left in the house.  The place had been empty for a long time, she had often wondered who it belonged to and why they had left all their stuff there.  Maybe on a trip and something happened before they could come back and they died or something.  She had imagined all kinds of possible scenarios.

She quickly got her gear and put on her thick jacket.  Putting the backpack on her back, she made sure the fire was out.  She didn't want the nice house to burn down or something.  She had been careful to take care of their things and only sold a few things when the winter had gotten cold and she needed more warm clothing and food.

She went to the front stairs to see if the man was still at the door.  She had made sure to make a note of all the ways out of the house when she first arrived.  She was already thinking which one would keep her the farthest away from him.

144 Posts
5 Threads

"Come on! Hurry up with ye!" Bert shouted back at deserted property. The child had been poor, how long did it take to grab a sack?

170 Posts
4 Threads

Hearing where the man was, Nat headed down the other set of stairs and the door on that side of the house.  She moved quickly and as quietly as the door allowed.   Outside, she ran as fast as she could.  She had already started scouting new places to live in.  She had never known when she would have to move.

144 Posts
5 Threads

Albert heard a door slam and the sound of foliage rustling. Bugger, the little scruff was trying to get away!

"Oi! Come back 'ere!" Bert shouted in vain before he took off in the direction of the sound. As if this pint-sized hooligan was going to develop a sense of morality, stop, and return to him apologetically.

"I hate kids.." Bert muttered as he ran. The unkempt garden and the weight of his police accouterments hindered his progress, transforming him from a sleek athlete into something resembling a drunken rabbit, hopping and staggering in pursuit.

Bert reached a brick wall that marked one of the property's boundaries and hoisted himself up and over it. His boots hit the street on the other side with a crunch and there was the clatter of his equipment. Nothing but stillness and darkness, the street was deserted. The kid could be half way to Scarborough by now.

"I hate kids.." Bert remarked grimly.