Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Consequences [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

31 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'3
Alias: BlackAck

The repetition of the fact that her brother had killed the man she loved went some way to make Olivia truly understand that it was reality, allow the dread to settle. It didn't make it any less horrific. Olivia fought back a fresh wave of tears.

"Do you know how? or where?" Olivia asked stiffly. Grim details yes, but if any of it helped her to understand it, she would try to face it.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Height: 5'2"

She shook her head softly after she pulled away to look at her sister. While sometimes she couldn't stand Olivia, Liv did not deserve what happened. Nobody did. She ran her fingers through Olive's hair and said, "I just know that Magnus was a very bad man and he did things that we can't even comprehend. I wish I had all the answers for you..." Then she pulled Marcus' card from her pocked and held it out, "He can tell you more than I can." She left out the part where he was the one that confessed to shooting their brother, so she might have to find him in the pokey.

31 Posts
1 Thread

Olivia smiled weakly at her sister as the younger Carrington sister caressed her hair. Maybe she had been too harsh about Pearl? Maybe she wasn't such a bad person after all. Olivia pocketed the card offered, promising herself that she would look into this further.

"Thank you Pearl," Olivia muttered softly. At least someone in this family gave a damn.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Of course, she'd been wrong about Pearl. Pearl was an absolute sweetheart with the right people. It was when her siblings got on her nerves that she was a bitch. Of course, Robert had earned every second of that damned smack, interfering like some no-good busy body. And then Magnus doing the same damn thing to Olive, only much... much worse. She dropped her hands to her sister's and held them, looking into her eyes with ones that were searching almost. "Oh, Olive," she said, using the pet name she only used when she got along with her, which was seldom to never, admittedly.

"I... I think I am in love," she sighed out. "But I am frightened that he'll run after all of this. Or that Robert will do something... I don't know, but... why does our family have to be so... Ugh? And mother... Egads, when she finds out about Magnus, she's going to take it out on the world. And you... You need to mourn. You need to get away from here. Move in with me for a time, sister. Papa will allow it, I know he would..."

31 Posts
1 Thread

"You think so? Oh Pearl that would be wonderful!" Olivia blurted out, grabbing the offer of sanctuary with both hands, as a drowning man would a rope. By her own admission Olivia could be so mean-spirited sometimes, but was trying to be sincere in this case.

Pearl's profession of feeling intrigued Olivia.. who was this man? Maybe he was that third voice she had heard downstairs. And Pearl was right what of Robert and Mother?
Victim

57 Posts
2 Threads

Height: 5'4''

A slender, graceful woman entered the room, approaching the girls with the smile of an angel. She wore a dark dress with a colourful Indian shawl over her shoulders. Her hair was pinned up and arranged perfectly, and she wore subtle and elegant jewelry in her ears, around her neck, her wrists and fingers. But in spite of all the splendour of her outfit and the sweetness of her smile, she looked pale and sickly. "Pearl!" she cooed. "How lovely to have you home, sweet child. How I've missed you." She reached out to put a hand on the side of the girl's head and plant a kiss on her forehead. Then she kissed Olivia on the head and sat down at her other side, taking the young woman's hand in hers. "What a delight to see you two getting along so nicely."

31 Posts
1 Thread

"Hello, mama." Olivia acknowledged the arrival of the eldest Carrington woman and accepted her token of affection, but there was no real warmth in her response, just a sort of tired routine boredom.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Hello, mother," she said, giving the obligatory kiss to the cheek. Had she overheard? She hoped to hell not. Pearl straightened out and gave her sister a glance and hoped she could read the discomfort on her face for who was visiting them. She wasn't going to be the one to tell her mother that Magnus had been killed earlier... Let her father do that.
Victim

57 Posts
2 Threads

Height: 5'4''

"Now my dears, no need to be so stiff. What's going on?" Anne took Olivia's chin and turned it towards her, searching the truth in her daughter's face unabashed. She frowned. "Oh dear child. You've been crying. What's going on, my dear? Has Pearl been mean to you again? You know you can tell your mama everything."

Olivia could. She could also jump off a cliff. Didn't make it a good idea.

31 Posts
1 Thread

"No ma'ma Pearl has not been mean to me -" Olivia paused unsure how to proceed. Could she repeat everything her sister had just told her? Would the fledgling mustard seed of new sisterhood survive this first stern test? Or would Olivia fold and tell all to her mother.

In spirit, her mother would be inclined to believe Olivia's word more than if those very same words came out of say, Pearl's mouth, yet given the gravity of what Pearl had just said, the older woman probably wouldn't believe Olivia either.

"It's nothing really. The maid spilt some ashes from the fireplace and some of them must have gotten in my eye."