Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Reporting Back [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

He listened intently, and then when Quentin brought up the fact he wanted to talk to him without Noah present, Uriel was glad to see he didn't have to further instruct the boy to go into the house. He watched thoughtfully as the kid disappeared inside and then turned his gaze back to the man who had a lot to say in regards to Noah Longbottom... He was beginning to wonder about the parents and such. "I am happy to do my part by the children," he said. "Before you go on, could you kindly tell me what you know about the boy? Do you know what his parents are like? I haven't met any of the Longbottoms, but I am not keen on gossip so I hesitate to ask others."

He hooked his thumbs into the suspenders that were holding his britches up. His clothes were slightly baggy on him, as if he had lost a bit of weight, though he was still fluffy.

448 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'4"

"I've not met the mother but I did have a separate meeting with the father," Quentin said. "Which is part of why I have a vested interest in the boy. The senior Longbottom was, to put it bluntly, a drunkard and lecher without an ounce of civility in his bones. The sort content to drink themselves to death while making everyone around them as miserable as possible. Noah, by contrast, seems to be aware that there is better and he seems willing to work to try and get it. I would rather him not walk down the same path as his father and it is within my abilities and reach to do so." He gives Uriel a slight grin. "And I've rarely needed more reason than that to do a good deed.

308 Posts
8 Threads

He closed his eyes for a moment, sighed and, shook his head. "We shouldn't have impressionable young children living with oafs like that," he muttered. But he had no room to talk, his missus wasn't his missus yet and she was due to have the baby any time now, what would people say then? But it was a far cry better than how the boys had been dealing with. "I will have to talk to my lady of course about the boy but I am sure she will agree with me. Both of them will be given chores to do and fed well, I will see to that."
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Height: 5'9''

When he heard Mr. Meijer ask about his parents, Noah moved closer to the door quietly. He balled his fists when he heard Mr. North's description of his father, even though he knew it was accurate. He didn't know if he was angry or embarrassed. Either way, he didn't like it.

He knew he shouldn't keep listening, but he couldn't pull himself away now.

448 Posts
2 Threads

"Of course, I have an idea for all of that and should you be amicable to it I would offer financial support to you and your school." He informs Uriel, he did not know how well off the man might be but additional income never hurt. Turning from the doo he outlines his plan in a low voice to Uriel, aware that Noah may be listening in and not wanting the boy to know what the plan was. When he is finished he finally says loud enough to be heard.

"What do you think?"

308 Posts
8 Threads

Uriel listened, then gave consideration, then nodded. "Yes, that sounds excellent," he said. He was well off, but he wasn't wealthy on his own. His family was. He was waiting for the day he got disowned, not that he had any foibles about it. He glanced back toward the door of the house, wondering if the boy was putting his ear to the door. He guessed he couldn't blame him, if he was in Noah's shoes, he would do the same thing. "I'll get a second bed built for his brother," he said loudly enough so Noah could overhear that part, let him think it had something to do with extra beds and such.
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Height: 5'9''

Noah strained to listen, but he failed, until Mr. Meijer spoke louder. Oh shite. They realized he was listening. Noah sneaked upstairs, flustered.

448 Posts
2 Threads

Hearing the sound of feet making their way up the stairs Quentin chuckles in amusement. He did not blame the young man for being curious but this particular idea would hold little weight if Noah was aware of the details. While the big man didn't typically believe in withholding information, this was the rare circumstance where the end result was most definitely worth the risk. Especially since, if it was spoiled, Noah would not actually have anything to complain about.

"You are a good man Mister Meijer, I look forward to working with you to help ensure there are more in the world." He was sure that with their help, Noah and James would avoid the unfortunate path their father had taken.

308 Posts
8 Threads

The big man chuckled when he, too, heard the footsteps. "I try to do what is right," he said honestly. "That boy needed help and I knew it the moment I laid eyes on him. I know what it's like to be the underdog. It isn't fun. I can't help them all, but I can do my part to help the ones I can."