Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Reporting Back [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

Height: 5'9''

Noah followed Quentin reluctantly, his ears red. He looked at Mr. Meijer and then quickly looked down. He should probably say something, but he was afraid that Mr. Meijer would see him like a beggar and would fire him, and he found himself unable to speak. He chewed on his lower lip.

As they approached Uriel, Noah following Quentin so uncomfortably, it had to look as if a kid was brought home to be reported to his parents by a person who had caught him doing something illegal.

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

Uriel straightened his form and looked between the two. He set the hoe against the fence and stripped his gloves off. "What can I do for you?" he asked as he peered at the other big man. To say he was surprised to see Noah accompanied by someone showing up at his house out of the blue was an understatement.

448 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'4"

Noah failed to introduce him but Quentin wasn't too surprised. He doubted the boy knew that would have been proper manners. Extending a hand to Uriel Quentin keeps that same friendly grin. "First, introductions. I am Marquiss Quentin North, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

The boy looked from Quentin to Mr. Meijer and back. He suddenly realized he should probably do the introducing. "This is Mr. Meijer!" he quickly interjected. Well that was obvious.

308 Posts
8 Threads

"Uriel Meijer," boomed the big man and took Quentin's hand for a firm shake. And of course, there was a bow because of his rank, but that was just because Uriel was well-bred and knew it was a must. "How do you do?"

448 Posts
2 Threads

"Quiet well and if it is all the same to you, you may call me Quentin assuming you are alright with being called Uriel." Quentin responds to the man as they shake hands firmly. They both had callouses surprisingly and neither was giving a limp grip it seemed. "I am sure this all seems quite odd to you but I have a..." The lord frowns and considers the best way to phrase it. "Interest in young Mister Longbottom. We ran into each other some time ago." He skipped over the part where the lad had been trying to pickpocket him. "And he won my sympathy and some help with the promise of further help if I was pleased with how he handled himself between our meetings. So I suppose you could consider it a bit of an informal wardship. Seeing that he has found himself employment and a career path I am interested in continuing to help facilitate his, and his brother's, continued rise out of the poor circumstances I found them in. This, in brief, brings us to today. My goal here is to continue to take steps to help young Master Noah along his path towards stability."
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

If he hadn't been awkward before, he sure was now. Noah moved some sand on the path with his foot while Quentin spoke about him. Then he looked up at Uriel anxiously.

308 Posts
8 Threads

"I prefer Uriel to that formal stuff," he said with a grin, "Pleasure to meet you, Quentin." The big man frowned then as Quentin brought up why he was there. At first, he nodded, and then he looked to his employee with surprise in his eyes, "You didn't tell me you had a brother." This troubled him because he had a soft spot for kids in need. "If I had known you had a brother, I would have told you to bring him too." Then he looked back to Quentin and said, "I am in the middle of building my farm, my ah... lady is pregnant... and I have to teach at the nearby school. I am a busy man and having some extra hands are always welcome. So long as they behave in ways that I can trust them. What kind of interest do you have?"

448 Posts
2 Threads

"My interest is purely altruistic. A bit hard to believe I am aware but it is true." Of course, it was only hard to believe if you didn't know Quentin either in person or by reputation. "I am offering Noah some financial backing as it were. I am aware that poverty can be a shackle that can keep a young man chained for his entire life. But I've also seen what happens when someone without coin is given an influx of it without responsibility." Quentin elaborates.

"So, at present, I am simply looking to find out what is the best way I can keep Noah on the path he is on now." Starting as a farmhand and moving on to being a farmer with his own land. "Which brings us to now. It seems you've been able to offer Noah employment and I would like to discuss with you something of a plan for his future. Though there are, I think, a few aspects of it that I would rather he not know off the bat."

Looking over at the lad he inclines his head. "While I do not typically like keeping people out of the loop young Master Longbottom." He says. "I don't your future actions to be influenced by the contents of the discussion." Mostly because his plan was of the sort that would be good for the young man in the long term but he might not appreciate aspects of it in the short term.
Belligerent teenager

603 Posts
10 Threads

"I have a lot of siblings, ser," Noah muttered sheepishly, when Mr. Meijer addressed him. He could hardly bring them all in. Though he would see if that would work with James now that the invitation was given. James was the youngest and kind of an idiot, so he needed protecting.

It was awkward to stand there and have these two men talk about him, and so he was almost relieved when Mr. North dismissed him. Not that he didn't want to hear the conversation. He nodded and went into the house, but once he had closed the door, he dawdled in the hall, trying to catch what was being said.