Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Douglas Brewster Day [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

25 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'10"

Celebration was in the air at the Duckless Rooster today, April 5, as it celebrated its fourth year of existence.  Balloon were outside the pub and a big sign reading Happy Douglas Brewster Day was over the door.  So if you happened to be called Douglas, you would get free drinks.  If you were called Brewster, you would get free meals.  And if you were called Douglas Brewster, you got both.  Naturally, should you say you were called Douglas Rooster, your sorry ass would be kicked out completely and banned.  Nobody had such a name.  

There was free billiards for all between certain hours of the day.  And there were special games during the day for special rewards for customers.  Douglas Brewster Day was just one of the best days at the Duckless Rooster.
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

It was hardly Harry's first time in the pub, and it was safe to say that he was probably not a welcome sight anymore, but he still came here to try and get free drinks off Llewellyn or try and put drinks on an infinite tab that surely he wouldn't actually have to clear. The kid was his nephew after all. Or cousin. Or something. He didn't remember. Anyway, he was a relative and therefore owed Harry relatives' favours.

He didn't read the board outside, because well, he couldn't read, and so when he stepped inside, he was surprised at how busy it was and how high the spirits. Harry found his way to the bar and sat down. He waved at Llewellyn. "Llew! Over here, son!"

25 Posts
1 Thread

Llew looked at the man with utter disgust. Good thing Cook was too busy to know he was in the pub, or he would probably be dead, carved alive. He wasn't welcome and he should've known that. Only one or two things would allow him to be in the pub and they were not with him.

"Where are your sons?" Llew asked. "You know you're not wanted here without them. Or mores the point they are only allowed here and you certainly not. Why are you here - here on Douglas Brewster Day? Of all days. What do you want? I won't give you nothing! I'm thinking what Grand would do if he saw you here!"
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

Harry shook his head. "Have you no shame? Is this how you treat kin?!" He gave no indication that he was about to leave. "Wha's that, son? A celebration? Now ye owe me one, for sure! I've been workin' hard to feed them bairns all day, so give yer uncle a gin, will ye?" Was he an uncle? He thought he was. He didn't remember exactly how he and Llewelyn were related, but they were and that was what counted. Family had to be supported. And so he should get free drink.

25 Posts
1 Thread

"Look in a mirror when you ask about having shame!"Llew told the other man. He was almost going to grab a piece of wood and force the man out, but he didn't want to make too bad a scene in front of the other customers. Customers he cared about. This man he didn't care about. "Where is yer kin? When was the last time you saw them or even thought about them? Talking to me about having shame and kinfolk? YOU? I told you one and I'll tell you again, you're not welcome here. If yer kinfolk care about you more than you cares about them, let them order somethin' for you. Get out now!"
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

"Who put you in judgement, eh?" Harry fired back, half tempted to fling himself over the bar to put his nephew back in line. "My bairns are at home, havin' their tea, that I worked for, so there ye go!" Ok, some of his children were. Those who weren't were to blame for their own hunger. Should have been home on time. "But ooooh noooo, Mister needs to assume the worst!" He stood up, ready to go. He'd bring one of the kids back, just to show this guy.

25 Posts
1 Thread

"You know who I mean, Harry." Llew said, raising his voice. "I want to see them and no one else. So don't steal any kids off the street and bring them in! We usually don't allow vermin stay in here this long, but we made you a favor. Now, get out and don't come back!" He paused for a moment. And then with a phony smile on his face, he added: "Please."
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

"Oh yeah!? Well..." He got off his chair and held up two fingers in a rude gesture. "Up yours!" Then he turned and made the gesture to everyone in the pub. "And that's for all of ye!"

25 Posts
1 Thread

There wasn't a lot of people in the pub and most of the people who were there were too busy talking to their companions to give Harry any attention at all. Those who did, basically told him to "sod off" or "get out."

"It's stupid man who makes enemies of everyone in a pub." Llew said. "But of course, if anybody can, it's you. Now sod off and don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

"He better watch out for my hatchet, that'll hit him right and proper!" If you knew the Duckless Rooster, you knew that screech belonged to only one person and one person only, the cook.

"Oh great! Cook's back and she knows you're here. Get out while the gettin's good, or you might not be alive to see tomorrow!" Llew spoke what he thought was the truth. You could see the intense worry on his face. Probably not for Harry, but for himself to figure out what to do with the man's body once the hatchet hit him in the back and he died. Harry never did take a serious warning, Llew thought.
Responsible adult

191 Posts
4 Threads

Harry was a drunk and an idiot, but a cowardly one. He didn't care to wait and evaluate the cook's hatchet throwing skills from up close. Making one last rude gesture at Llewellyn, he retreated and left the pub.