Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Reckoning [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

47 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him
Height: 5'8"

"Ahh, very fitting, my boy," said the older man. He sat down at his desk and gave a cool smile to his son as he grabbed for an empty sheet of paper and his favorite fountain pen... -the- fountain pen that meant finality. "I am writing a letter to the company that once represented my now apprentice." He paused and dipped the tip into the ink well casually, expression serene. Perhaps he had lost his marbles, perhaps not. Perhaps this was the first sense of clarity he had in some time. "You will begin working for them once arrangements are made... if you are lucky, you will get the job Mr. Blacke has lost as a result of your miscalculations as a lawyer, I must say, boy, that was not very smart of you." He cleared his throat and scrawled out the letter in question. "Moreover, if you value your inheritance as you claim you do, you will sign this as my witness along with Mr. Blacke. Lastly, you are going to act as lawyer to our family and help clean up the nasty mess Magnus made. If you are worth your salt, there will be rewards. Do you understand?"

95 Posts
4 Threads

Robert swallowed. Surely this was all a bad dream. "F-father... I am not a lawyer yet. You cannot mean to have me drop out of university. Mother would never tolerate it. Allow me to finish, and then I can help our family." His hands were sweaty on his lap.

286 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Joe's Jotter
Height: 5 feet 10
Alias: BlackAck

Joe could scarcely believe his hearing. This boy work the railway!!? A week's pay he wouldn't last 'til noon his first day.

"It's a good company with good men. Mostly. It's honest work. Hard work mind, though sounds like you could use some."

47 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him
Height: 5'8"

"I'll be writing to your school, and you will, indeed, be taking a hiatus for a time." He said meaningfully. He nodded in agreement with Joseph. "Very well, though, I will let you finish school before you act as lawyer... But it's up to you on how long it takes you to get the privilege of university back. Hard work, m'boy. Surely a week or two will do you some good? Or shall I make it a month? A year?"

95 Posts
4 Threads

Robert kept silent, for he knew his future depended on playing the repentant son for a few weeks. Just a few weeks hopefully.

He would murder this Joe Blacke.

He cast his eyes down. "Yes father".

286 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Joe's Jotter
Height: 5 feet 10
Alias: BlackAck

Joe's eyes narrowed as he looked in Robert's direction. His brow furrowed everso. Carrington did seem to cave rather quickly. More than likely, it was the prospect of poverty brought him into line. The ghost of a thought floated in Joe's mind: Robert had threatened him once before and it had come to pass. What was to stop him from doing something similar again? Presumably nothing. Joe would just have to be careful.

At the appointed moment, Joe put his signature to paper.