Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Shopping/Stealing - Whatever [Market, Shops and Spas]

61 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'9"

"Oh, I'm sorry."  Caelan said, anxiously. "My name is Caelan Bryl and I wanna thank you for you allowing me to work here.  But you haven't told me how many people live in the apartment." He wanted to work here and live here, but not if it was as roommates with fifteen other people.  It wouldn't be better than by himself in the large empty filthy apartment he now lived in.  

"And these pies are amazing!"  Caelan said, grabbing another pie and starting to eat it.  Was this how lamb really tasted, he wondered.  Or could it be something else that wasn't usually cooked for human beings to consume?  He couldn't help wonder again.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

He blinked. He repeated himself to answer, "The apartment is yers alone. It's vacant, lad." He wasn't sure Caelin had heard him right or maybe not at all. He finished off his pie. "Come, I'll show ye. Ye can bring the pie with ye. I am glad ye like them." He started toward the back room. There were extra equipment and supplies to bake with, of course, but there was also a stairwell leading upstairs, and a hatch to lead to the cellar.

He paused to make sure his new apprentice followed, and assuming he did, he led the way up to the apartment where there were only two rooms. The kitchen, the living area, and the bedroom were all in one room, while the other was a bathroom. He wouldn't have to use a chamberpot, nor would he have to haul water. "Ye'll have ta use candles ta light yer way around here at night. I've not had a chance ta get that newfangled electricity yet, but ye have indoor plumbin so ye don't have ta use a chamberpot or an outhouse."

61 Posts
2 Threads

Caelan still couldn't believe that the apartment was his alone.  He had heard such awful things with other people.  Ten people living in a small room together.  And here he had his own room?  Of course, he hadn't seen it yet, but he was sure it would be fine.  As he followed the baker, he was trying to make sure this wasn't a dream or some kind of lie.  Could this be really true?  He decided that if the baker would skin him alive and bake him into a pie, one night sleep in a nice bed in his own bedroom in his own apartment would be fair.  

"I always have a candle on me, sir."  Caelan said in answer.  He needed to to move around in the large apartment he was now sleeping in.  Of course, it was horrible to live in, but he had made the best of it.  He shared it with rats and other vermin, but they left him alone.  Up to now, anyway.  As he followed the baker to his new apartment, he ate the pie in his hands.  If he ended up in one of these pies, it wouldn't be a bad way to go.  He liked the pies and felt well fed after eating one or two of them.

"And sir, what is your name and how should I call you?" He asked after he finished the delicious pie. It might've been a little hard to understand as he was licking his fingers clean as he asked the question.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Good... And ye can call me Mr. Willaby. Of course, I'll have ta explain to me missus about ye affore it's official, but ye can move in tonight if ye want. I'll provide ye meals at first, but after a while, ye'll be in charge of ye're own meals. I'll teach ye how ta cook fer yerself." He patted the young man on his shoulder. "But ye gotta promise me ye ain't gonna steal anymore. Ye gotta keep yer nose clean."

61 Posts
2 Threads

Caelan didn't know exactly what he was getting himself into.  It sounded too good to be true.  He imagined a real key that let himself into his own place where no one but him could go into and it would be nice and clean.  What would it be like to be in the other place for the last time?  He had to return to pack up his clothes and his things.  There was a small amount, but he couldn't just move in now.  Not all at once.  He would have to wait.  He wanted to say goodbye to the old place nice and proper like.

"Thank ye, Mr. Willoughby." The boy said. "I'll move in tomorrow methinks. So how much will you charge me for me meals? I just need to know what my accounts are sir." He was worried about having to pay for his meals, though he totally understood if the baker wanted him to pay his way, he didn't hear the part of him learning how to cook.

"What reason do I have to steal if I'm being fed and all?" Asked the boy in answer to the baker's last words. "I'm sorry to have stole from ya sir. But I was hungry and all. I won't ever again, I promise." Suddenly Caelan had the fear that he might've said too much and brought his hand to his mouth to keep it from saying anything else lest his benefactor, Mr. Willoughby, changed his mind.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"I don't think ye stole anythin' from me, kid." Andrew shook his head in bewilderment, then said, "I know the look in yer eyes affore I gave ye food ta eat is all. Y'ell have ta learn ta take care of yerself. If I can do it, anyone can do it." He patted him on the shoulder and then said, "I won't charge ye fer the food, but ye will have ta make yer own, earn the bread ye make yer sandwich wit'."

He truly did want the lad to succeed, he was setting him up for success, or so he thought he was doing. "I believe ye, boy. Come back tomorrow, bright and early. If ye ain't here by sun up, I'll assume ye're not interested and the door will be locked." He was using the same exact tactic that had been used with him.

61 Posts
2 Threads

"Oh, I'll be here tomorrow morning, Mr. Willoughby!" Caelan shouted, he was so enthusiastic about how his life was changing. "Would that before or after the rooster crows, sir?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Before. We have dough to make." He nodded, not taking offense at the way his name was prononounced.

61 Posts
2 Threads

"The place looks amazing, sir." Said the boy. "Thank ye fer the chance, sir. I'll do you proud, I will. I promise." As long as he wasn't killed by anybody in the night, like an older boy who wanted his brother's sling shot returned. Or three young kids who might have older brothers too or actually might be in a gang. He didn't remember any other places he had stolen from that the police might pick him up and ruin his chances for a new life. He didn't think he would have to eat again after the pies he ate here. "Well, I better set off sir. I got some things I gotta do to get ready for tomorrow. Before the rooster and all."

298 Posts
5 Threads

He gave a nod. "I will see ye then." There wasn't much else to say. He would need to go home and tell Rose, hopefully it wouldn't go over like a lead balloon.