Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Here Comes The Sun [Market, Shops and Spas]

306 Posts
13 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

Her own heart sank when her da and ma came in the room and he didn't yell at her. It cut that much deeper. She was grateful for the doctor for his words, but then he was gone to leave the three of them together... no... four including Jacob. "I'm sorry," she whispered truthfully, tears in her eyes. "Angus and I ran away to Gretna Green and married... And then I got pregnant... and... and he left me two months ago fer another woman. I didn't know what else to do, Da... Didn't know where to go. I... I didn't know how stupid I was bein' until it was too late." Her lips trembled as tears dribbled down her cheeks. "I feel so used." She covered her face with her free hand.

325 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Alias: BlackAck

Whatever anger Lottie had been feeling at Ruth when she had entered the house moderated at the sound of the infants cry. Lottie made her way to her daughter's side.

"Oh Ruth." Lottie began with a tired yet sympathetic tone "Your father and I aren't angry, we're just disappointed. You could have, should have wrote." Lottie peeked at her new grandchild.

"My, you're a fat one.." she remarked candidly.

195 Posts
7 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Oh Bill was angry. But not right now. He was too overwhelmed to know what he was feeling or thinking. And then his wife looked at he baby and he realized... he had a grandson. His hand moved to his head. "We'll talk about what happened later," he said, his own matter-of-factly tone contrasting sharply with her tears. "We need to get you home first." For it was evident that she couldn't stay here.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"Aye, ma... He was a difficult birth." She was clearly exhausted, and the tears just wouldn't stop coming. When her father talked about taking her home, she sagged with visible relief. "Aye, home..." She sighed and moved to sit up, a pained look crossing her face. "I named him Jacob. D'ye wanna hold him?" She lifted the hefty little boy, who was all angry and red because he needed a nappy change. Her cheeks went red when she realized she had been peed on. How could she miss that one?

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie smiled a gentle smile at her daughter, in that moment her frustration and anger at her own child was put aside as she looked at her grandchild.

"Aye." She began, taking the babe with practiced ease. "Jacob. 'Ello Jacob", she cooed at the infant. "It's a fine name. He look's a healthy little lad.." she smiled though at the mess he had made of himself and his mother. With gentle scolding "He's in a spot of bother 'ere. It'll clean up." Lottie looked in the direction of her husband who appeared to be still be near the door. "William, come see your grandson."

195 Posts
7 Threads

Height: 5'8''

He was about to flee the room to find a cab, when his wife called him over. Uncomfortably, he walked over and looked at the child that was his first grandson. How was he supposed to process this surprise? "Aye, he looks like a healthy bairn... I'll get a cab." He left the room.

306 Posts
13 Threads

She watched her da as he seemed to not care at all about the baby or her at the moment. At least, that was her interpretation as he turned and left. "Da..." she said just before he was gone. She was going to need to be helped up it seemed, for when she stood, she sat right back down, grimaced and said, "I want ta throw Angus at da and let da beat him to a pulp. Mayhap that'll make him feel better about this." She wasn't joking.

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie remained silent as Ruth rued her decision and cursed her herring of a husband. She had to hold her tongue, she had said Angus was bad news, but had been loudly rebuked by her offspring. Apparently Lottie was not able to understand, and was a cruel agent of the devil to deny Ruth happiness. Back in the present, Lottie wanted to be smug, but now wasn't the best time.

306 Posts
13 Threads

"I'm sorry, ma..." she said softly, her words honest. "It was right stupid of me ta go with Angus to Gretna Green. I feel like a fool. Ye were right that he was nothin' but heartbreak waitin' ta happen." She gave pause as she struggled to her feet and did kind of a duck waddle to the door to peer out for the maid, who just happened to be busy cleaning. "Iffin' ye don't mind, could you, mayhaps, bring me bags here so I can put a nappie on me son?"

The maid nodded and went to fetch the objects in question. "And change me blouse," she murmured because she was reminded of the fact that she had been peed on.

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie held her grandson, rocking the fussy infant to give Ruth a moment for herself. It had been a long time since she'd dealt with small ones, but it all sort of came back to her.

"He's got Elias' eyes." She said looking at her grandson. Maybe, it would be years before they would know for certain.