Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Believe This Is Yours [Railway Station]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She bit into her bottom lip as the color rose in her own cheeks. "Thank you," she said softly. Pearl smiled at him, her lips parting to show off her pearly teeth. It was at that moment that she had to decide if she wanted to keep doing this despite her brothers. They were not protecting her when they caused scenes, they were merely trying to protect their own, selfish images. Let them talk, she thought.

286 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Joe's Jotter
Height: 5 feet 10
Alias: BlackAck

At her quiet response to his whispered thought, Joe smiled softly. She understood. At her brighter smile, Joe grinned widely, his wits recovering. Around him he once again became aware of the hustle and bustle of the station.

"It's grand to see you smilin' again. It suits you much better, if I may say so."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

When she smiled, he might even notice the twin dimples, one in each cheek. She blushed even redder when he mentioned her smile. "Is that so?" she asked. "Well then, perhaps I should come by with a smile again," it was a half joke, for she did intend on returning. "I know this is strange for a woman to ask a man, but would you like me to cook supper for you one day soon? You have no choice but to come see me now, you have my pie plate," she laughed softly.

286 Posts
8 Threads

(02-15-2021, 08:27 PM)Pearl Carrington Wrote: When she smiled, he might even notice the twin dimples, one in each cheek. She blushed even redder when he mentioned her smile. "Is that so?" she asked. "Well then, perhaps I should come by with a smile again," it was a half joke, for she did intend on returning. "I know this is strange for a woman to ask a man, but would you like me to cook supper for you one day soon? You have no choice but to come see me now, you have my pie plate," she laughed softly.

"That'd be lovely, Miss.  If you cook as good as you bake, then I'm in fer a right treat." he replied enthusiastically.  He did notice her twin dimples too, like two tiny buttons they were, he kept smiling.  "Your dish shall be returned to you, clean n' shinin'" Joe replied with as much dignity as he could muster in the moment.  He'd see her again regardless. He peered into the basket at the pie plate and noticed the handkerchief with its new personal embellishment.

"I didn't see the letters before." his fingers gently rubbed over the letters. "You didn't 'ave to go to the trouble."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Then it is settled. I was hoping you'd say yes," she said, lowering her lashes and blushing still. It had been months since she'd talked to someone like this, and she found herself liking it more with him than before. Her mouth curled up into a soft smile again and she looked at him for a long moment before speaking again, "I am glad."

286 Posts
8 Threads

(02-15-2021, 10:13 PM)Pearl Carrington Wrote: "Then it is settled. I was hoping you'd say yes," she said, lowering her lashes and blushing still. It had been months since she'd talked to someone like this, and she found herself liking it more with him than before. Her mouth curled up into a soft smile again and she looked at him for a long moment before speaking again, "I am glad."

He felt honoured that she would darn his handkerchief with his initials.  He looked down at it again and smiled.  Joe was still smiling when he looked up and his gaze met hers again as she spoke.  He held it for a long moment, before action seized his brain.

"This might be a tad forward, but an old friend o' mine is to be married Saturday and I 'ave been invited. Would you do me the pleasure of accompanying?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She froze for a moment. A wedding? Was he going to Rose's wedding? That was the only one she knew was happening that day. "Do you know Rose Ward? I am going to her wedding that day. Wouldn't it be a wonderful coincidence if it were the same wedding?"

286 Posts
8 Threads

"Rose Ward, Aye. Rose and I grew up together on the same street. Our families were close back. Imagine that, you knowin' Rose too."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"She is my friend," she said. "If you are going to her wedding, I would love to go with you." Pearl smiled, "Thank you for asking." Then she looked down at her hands for a moment, feeling really happy of a sudden. She really did like Hoe, she didn't care that he was a mere railway worker. She would take him home to her father one day and he would approve, she just knew it. Her brothers might not, but her father would. She was certain!

"Would tomorrow evening be good for you for supper, Mister Blacke?" she asked softly.

286 Posts
8 Threads

(02-15-2021, 11:57 PM)Pearl Carrington Wrote: "She is my friend," she said. "If you are going to her wedding, I would love to go with you." Pearl smiled, "Thank you for asking." Then she looked down at her hands for a moment, feeling really happy of a sudden. She really did like Hoe, she didn't care that he was a mere railway worker. She would take him home to her father one day and he would approve, she just knew it. Her brothers might not, but her father would. She was certain!

"Would tomorrow evening be good for you for supper, Mister Blacke?" she asked softly.
What a stroke of luck.  The happy occasion of Rose's marriage would be made all the better for Pearl being there too. 
Joe was still smiling at her while she looked at her hands. Eventually though, she looked up and he broke his gaze as she asked him a question. Must be proper like.

"Tomorrow evenin'll be fine, Miss.  I look forward to it."