Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Returning to the Flock [Railway Station]

95 Posts
4 Threads

Robert turned red, and redder. He wasn't used to being crossed or contradicted. Especially not by the plebs. He had not even considered the possibility that the young man might not gravel and beg for forgiveness at the prospect of losing his job. How dare this derelict tell Robert what to do!? But before he could overcome his anger enough to respond, Pearl told him off and pushed his cane away with such force, that Robert had to step out to maintain is balance.

He glared right back at her, but when she announced her will to depart, Robert turned back to the railway porter. The shame over fact that his threat had made no discernable impact, and that his sister had nearly managed to knock him over, only added to his anger. He would destroy this slum-spawn for not knowing his place. Robert pointed his cane at him. "This is not over." But then he turned on his heel and strode after Pearl to prevent her from leaving alone. "Pearl!"

286 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Joe's Jotter
Height: 5 feet 10
Alias: BlackAck

Joe stood silently and resolutely watching the vile youth retreat. The contrast in behaviour between the two siblings was chalk n’ cheese. They said the rich naturally had more breeding, grace, and compassion than the working classes… Pearl had shown she had those qualities in spades. That brother Robert? He didn’t have enough grace to fill a pisspot.

“We’ll see ‘bout that, mate.” Joe muttered quietly.

The intent of that parting shot wasn’t entirely lost on Joe as the well-to-do could and did make trouble for those they didn’t like. Joe merely noted the thought, but there was no use in worrying about it now. He glanced down and noticed that his fist was still clenched. He had made a fist to strike the man, but now relaxed, colour returning to his knuckles.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

It wasn't over by a long shot. She whirled on her brother before they were even out of earshot of the young man, she was clearly in distress. "What, Robert?" She gestured widely. "You aren't needed, nor wanted here." She curled her lip at him, thinly veiled contempt in her gaze. She gave Mr. Blacke a panicked look then, her cheeks red with chagrin.

95 Posts
4 Threads

"Come, dear sister. Get a grip on yourself," Robert said. He really did need to have her checked by a doctor, with all the hysterics. "Surely you appreciate the propriety of having your brother accompanying you as you travel through town. I'm just trying to protect you from further slander."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Yet here you are, making a scene," she gestured widely. "Mister Blacke did nothing for you to be concerned about. He handed me his handkerchief as a gentleman would when he sees a woman crying. I'm the one who shook his hand if you must know!" She looked from him to Joe, then back again. "You're the one taking leave of your senses. Foolishness." She set her arms akimbo, frowning at her brother.

Then she looked again to Joe and she said, "I am sorry for wasting your time, Mister Blacke. I will not bother you again..." There was a look in her eyes that was somewhat sad again. She looked away and turned to start walking again, skirting away from Robert and attempting to go to the cab.

286 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Joe's Jotter
Height: 5 feet 10
Alias: BlackAck

Joe noticed the girl's downcast eyes and the feelings that bubbled inside him both hurt and angered him, like some inedible soup.

Shades of Rose again, and their conversation about how they were no longer kids. Was he growing up? Maybe, but deep down inside there was still a young Joe, the same one who played games with Rose, the same one who cared deeply about others. That Joe was sad that someone else was in pain. Adult Joe was annoyed that his work to help her tonight had been for naught. Annoyance had turned to anger at this cocky bastard Robert and the way he treated her.

No, she wasn't a girl, she was a woman, he corrected his thought. She had no cause to be ashamed. A bloody remarkable woman, frankly.

"You're no bother, Miss. A pleasant evening to you." He raised his cap to her, while dismissing the existence her brother.

95 Posts
4 Threads

Pearl's words angered him, but Robert didn't know how to reply to them in a way that would make him come out as the victor, and so instead, he turned his rage to the worthless stray who dared to speak to her again. He waved his cane in the direction of the young man. "I told you to leave my sister alone! You'll regret this, I warn you!"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She got up into the cab, though while her brother blustered at the man, she looked back at him with one last look. She didn't smile, but he would know that she noticed him as much as he noticed her. And then assuming her brother got in after because he was being insistent, she would go home to her house... That is unless Robert hijacked the ride and made her go to the mansion. But that was for another story and another time.