Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] What's love got to do with it? [Pavilion and Fairground]

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

He watched her for a moment and then stood up too, grabbing the beams and helping to propel them to and fro. He started to laugh, never having done that ride before. Hell, he had not been to a fair since he was a boy, so this was a marvel to him. For him, however, it was not really a competition. It seemed to be for her, so he played along dutifully.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Probably nobody else on those swings experienced it as a competition. But Rose was all back into childhood as she remembered the friendly sibling rivalry. The children would save up the entire year for their fares and game money. Even today a fair number of china fairings ornamented the mantle at home. But their favourite thing had always been the swings. Simon and Rose had taken great pride in the fact that their boat had been slowed down by the stall owner every single time.

Rose laughed and let out small shrieks as the boat swung higher and higher - how was it that this looked scarier and more dangerous to her now than when she had been a child? - but soon the stall owner pulled down a lever that forced a wooden board up beneath their boat to create some resistance and slow them down. Satisfied with that accomplishment, Rose sat down and enjoyed the more gentle swinging, laughing and smiling at Andrew.

298 Posts
5 Threads

He laughed too, even as they were slowed down by the board. His hand soon found hers again and he looked at her with dancing eyes. "Oi, that was fun." He said with a chuckle. His laughter died and then he said honestly, "Ye look so comely with yer cheeks flushed," liking the excitement he saw. It was a turnaround from the fibs he had been telling, but she kept giving him reasons to want, not have, to woo her.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

That made her cheeks all the more flushed. She looked down shyly, her mouth pursed into a small, smug smile. "You don't need the flush to look all handsome," she returned. They continued to swing slowly, Rose now enjoying the gentle rocking. Her hand continued to hold his. "It's been long since I've had so much fun. It's as if when we grow up, we forget what joy it was to be childish and carefree, don't ye think?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Aye, ye're right," he said thoughtfully. The rocking was soothing now, and the ride wasn't as fun as while they were making the boat rock violently. He looked at her with a grin then and bussed her cheek. "I am glad ye're having fun now, Rose." He meant it. At least they could have fun together.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose smiled shyly at him. "So am I." She squeezed his hand gently. Finally, the stall worker slowed all the boats down until they stopped, and they were ordered to make room for new people. Rose climbed out and stepped out of the way. "That was great fun! It's your pick next."

298 Posts
5 Threads

He left the boat with her and then tucked her hand in his arm again. He took her toward the carousel, pointing to that. "There! We'll ride the horses." He grinned and took her into the line.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose happily let him drag her along. Once they were queuing, she put her head against his arm and stared up at him. "Do you know how to write a horse, Mr. Willaby?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"I do," he said to her question. "But I don't ride much." He hadn't ridden since his trip into town. He looped his arm into hers while they waited for their turn on the next go around.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"You can!?" Rose said, genuinely surprised. "When did you learn? Oh I wish I could ride a horse! It must feel so free, like flying!" She had ridden in a carriage a few times, but she envied ladies riding on horses on the cliffs and beach.