Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

A New Life

362 Posts
11 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

Friends… she was almost afraid to make more friends. Every time she made a friend or more, something bad happened. She didn’t want anything bad to happen. Perhaps, she thought, it was time to cool her attitude toward people… but that just wasn’t her, was it? She was a warm and vivacious woman with a laugh that turned heads for the right reasons, a laugh that was now a rarity these days. That meant that it wasn’t in her nature to give up and act like a cold hearted person.

She smiled in spite of the thoughts swirling around in her overtired mind. Her eyes watched the pair across from her, longing in her heart to be as alright as he was. He seemed like a strong fellow. “She is doing a fine job. I’ll make sure ta wash her clothes well,” she offered dumbly, not knowing what else to say at the moment just because she had gotten caught up in her own thoughts.

35 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

He gave her a warm smile.  "People say I should leave her more to the nanny.  I guess it is how it is done here.  Back home I remember always being with my mom or as I got older always with my father."  He thought about his late sister, well what he remembered of her.  "I remember being with my older sister too, but she died in a fire when I was little.  That may be why my mother stayed so close to me."

He looked at his daughter.  "She is named after my older sister.  I don't remember much, but I know she was my hero.  She got me out of the fire."  He explained looking back to Karen.  "Anyway, I have no idea how a father is to be around a daughter, but the people we met in London seemed so distant with their children in public anyway.  It felt off to me."

362 Posts
11 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

"I understand. I couldn't be distant from me bairns either. It just seems wrong." She finished her stew by scraping the last bits up with a piece of bread, popping that into her mouth and chewing thoughtfully. After swallowing, she sat back in her chair and tilted her head. "I don't think I could ever get used to that kind of life, a life without me children."

As soon as they were done eating, she stood up and began to collect the empty dishes, not particularly rushing but not slow either. She stacked the dishes neatly inside of her sink and began to fill it with hot water, which was a novelty to her since she had been used to having to pump at the old house. "This is nice," she commented over her shoulder. "I am used to the pump at the old house. I don't know if I will ever get used to hot water being easily gotten." She chuckled.

35 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

Glancing back to where the twins were, he nodded and looked back to her.  "There are too many things that you would miss out on.  When they crawl and walk.   All the firsts."  He smiled.

At the mention of the sink, he nodded.  "I've been updating things since I bought the place.  I still have one cottage to have updated with the inside water.  I figured if I was going to have it at the house, I should have it out here too.  Save some hauling water to and from.  My mother loved it when Pa had it put in the place back home." 

He glanced around the house.  "Is there anything you need addressed here?  I focused on the other cottages first as they were being lived in and this one wasn't until you moved in."