Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A New Life [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She was about to reply to the first statement when Harold began to fuss. Karen moved to the bassinet and picked him up gently, realizing he was wet. She sighed and bounced him a little while moving to the fresh nappies in the basket she had filled with them, and proceeded to change his butt.

“I’d say ye’re right, Lorn,” she chuckled as she placed the baby on the blanket on the floor. He blew some spit bubbles and cooed up at Karen while his little legs pumped and kicked. “I am glad ye are here. I… didn’t mean to make it sound like it was a bad thing.”

“Oh, ye’re not messing up my schedule, I finished all of the laundry for the day,” she grinned, “I try ta get it done before I start me supper.”

When he spoke about the new foal coming, she looked at him wide eyed. “I love horses. I just haven’t ever seen a foal. I bet they are adorable.”

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

He watched Karen with one of the babies.  His eyes gentle as he had a soft place in his heart for little ones, especially once Heidi was in his life.  At her comment about liking horses, he smiled.  "I'll make sure one of the boys lets you know when the baby is coming so you can be there.  Heidi wants to be there too."  He glanced at his child who seemed to be falling asleep on the couch.

"It could be any time now."  He explained.  "Have you done much riding?  I have a few very gentle mares that are saddle trained and won't be sold."  He gave her a look.  "You should have one assigned for you in case you need to go to town or something.  Though you just ask someone to set up a wagon or carriage if you need it."  He assured her.  He didn't want her to feel trapped on the property.

"Likely any of the maids would go with you if you needed a hand with the twins if they were to go with you."  He added with a look at the twins.

536 Posts
15 Threads

“I would like that,” she said honestly, gifting him with an almost shy smile at the thought of watching a foal. She took note that Heidi was dozing off and her eyes softened like his had. The girl was sweet and lovely, she mused and then said, “It will be good for her ta see, I suppose.”

At his query, she shook her head and blushed. “Me brother has a mule named Jenny, but she is more for pulling carts and not riding. Nay, I haven’t ridden much at all. I am not very good at it anyway.” But she wasn’t afraid to learn.

She wasn’t sure about going into town either, afraid she would run into Pony or her old neighbors. But it was what it was. “Thank ye,” she said softly.

169 Posts
5 Threads

"Now that you work on a property that deals with selling and training horses, you should feel comfortable on a stable."  He suggested.  "I've already started teaching Heidi being comfortable around and on a horse.  Once this horse is born and old enough to be trained, it is to be Heidi's mount.  If you would like to learn to ride, I'd be glad to help you do so."  He shrugged in an easy lazy way.

"As the twins get old enough, we can arrange the same kind of set up as we have for Heidi.  There are always more young horses coming all the time around here."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I would love to learn how to ride," she said, her eyes on his face by that point. She gave a slow smile as she imagined riding a horse and feeling the wind blow through her hair. Her smile died when she realized that Lorn was behind her on the imagined horse to teach her to ride. She shook her head and the vision cleared, only for her to be gazing at the handsome man that was her employer.

"Ye don't know how much that would mean ta me," she said almost lamely, covering up her expression by turning and checking Niamh's nappy.

169 Posts
5 Threads

With a smile of his own, he thought about which horse would be best for the lesson.  Then he looked at her.  "Would you prefer to learn side saddle or a standard saddle? "  He asked.  He knew his mother rode a standard saddle, but not all ladies went for that.  Cress had as well.  He pushed that thought away.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Her eyes widened a little at his question, then she grimaced and muttered, "It would probably be wise ta learn side saddle, but ye know... I would rather ride astride." Her expression softened, "Did ye really mean it when ye said I could have me own mount?" She had never had her own horse before, even one that technically belonged to someone else. She put Niamh with her brother and moved to settle on her knees on the blanket with both children. She gestured to the couch for him to sit if he so wished to do so, and absently began to tickle Harold's belly. The boy smiled and then nommed on his hand in response, while the girl burbled and kicked her legs, rolling onto her belly.

169 Posts
5 Threads

Lorn gave a smile as he moved over to sit down on the sofa not far from where Heidi was now quite asleep with one finger along her nose with the thumb in her mouth.  His hat there on the sofa beside her.

"We can work on both.  Then you will be able to do either one when you wish to."  He shrugged, then stretched out his legs to the side away from the babies.  He waved his fingers at them with a smile leaning forward with wide eyes interacting with them.

"Of course.  The maids have free usage of the carriage for when they have a day off and go to town.  You do as well, by the way.  But each employee is assigned to a horse and rig once they prove they can handle it on their own.  The maids said they just needed the carriage from time to time and help from the grooms getting it set up for them.  Mr. Tink," He chuckled, "Mr. Tinker that is, Miss Cora and her niece, and the Pearson family members each have a horse that they take out from time to time."

He shrugged.  "If something happens, I want each person here to have a way to get help or something they need.  Even if that is a walk around the property on horseback."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Aye, I am open ta tryin' both," she said softly. She looked up toward him while continuing to tickle Harold on the belly. There was a smile on her face that was maternal, a soft glow that new mothers had that says to look at what was accomplished. She then looked back down at the little ones. "Thank ye, Lorn. Ye're a kind-hearted soul." She bit her lower lip for a moment. "That sounds like a good idea, everyone bein' able to help." She smoothed her hands over her skirt then.

She was starting to look forward to these lessons.

169 Posts
5 Threads

He was enjoying watching Karen with the twins. He gave her a questioned look.  "Mind if I hold one of them?"  He asked after a quick glance at his own sleeping child.  "I seem to have an arm open."  He gave a quirk of his lips.