Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] To New Jobs [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

134 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'2"

"No, nothing like that," she said and shook her head. "And your face is not frightening to me." She reached over and swatted his arm. "You're a handsome devil and you know it." She grinned, not necessarily flirting with him, but it was a compliment nevertheless. "No, I merely wondered how you were doing. It's what friends do, right? I am glad you aren't dying."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Menachem laughed and shrugged. "Well, I did get the looks in my family. " He held his chin to pretend he was admiring his own face before shaking his head. He leaned towards her to speak in a dramatic whisper. "I'd be careful if I were you. You've got terrible judge of character." He grinned and took another bite of breakfast.

134 Posts
9 Threads

She gave a warm laugh at his words and said, "Oh, poppycock." She touched his arm briefly and then went back to eating her toast. "I happen to be of sound judgment," she said before taking a dainty bite.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem shook his head and laughed. "Well, if you say so. I'm sure plenty disagree. " He grinned as he ate and glanced over at her. "What are you doing for this job again? Governess?"

134 Posts
9 Threads

"Companion," she said. "She is a middle-aged spinster and Nouveau Riche in her own words. I spoke with her this morning bright and early. I call it luck." She edged her plate away from her then, unable to finish the toast, or the rubbery, overcooked egg without gagging.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem oh'd looking at her curiously. "So is this companion as in you just talk to her and go shopping, or is it 'companion'?" He rose his brow before taking her food to eat as well since he was a bit hungry and he could handle the subpar food. He smiled holding up a hand, "Just saying.. rich people can be weird."

134 Posts
9 Threads

Her face went red at what he implied, though it took her a moment to realize what that entailed. "I am paid to be her friend, in essence. Not that kind of friend though." She gave a nervous chuckle. Now she was thinking all kinds of things she ought not be thinking about.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem nodded slightly. "Just make sure it is clear that isn't a part of it in your contract." Menachem started to eat her breakfast and smiled. "If it isn't clear.. well I'm sure you'll be fine. Just be careful. You don't want to be taken advantage of." He knew that people liked to take all they could from a weak person as he had been that once. He was going to have to check up on her if he thought about it. "Where is this place anyway?"

134 Posts
9 Threads

"Near the Carrington House," she replied. She took a drink of the milk in her cup and promptly spit it back into said cup when it was immediately apparent that the milk had gone sour. She pushed the cup away and then dabbed at her outh with her hanky.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem oh'd. "I've heard of that place. Please be careful around there. " He glanced at the milk and took it. He winced at the first sip but kept drinking it, it was free milk even if it had turned a little.