Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] To New Jobs [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

134 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'2"

Amelia was doing better for herself. This was her last night at the inn, and thank God for that! She had found a job as a companion for a middle-aged spinster of some affluence. She would not want for food. That was the most important part of all, she thought gratefully. She finished packing her clothing, thankful she had been able to launder the soiled mess not long after her clothes got all muddy. The thought of that night flitted through her mind and she remembered the man, a half-smile forming on her lips whilst she pictured that handsome face without a qualm in the world. She was sitting in the common room of the inn that he'd taken her to, eating burnt toast and an overcooked egg, having spent her last coin on that. It wasn't the best food in the world, but it was the last one she would have to have before she moved in with Miss Constance Harlowe.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

It was early for him, but be had some money and wanted breakfast. It seemed as if fate came to him as he saw a familiar face.

"Well, I'm surprised you are still here. I guess your father truly just dropped you here to fend for yourself. Have you had any luck?" He rose his brow as he took the seat right beside her.

134 Posts
9 Threads

"Ah, yes." Think of the handsome devil and he shall appear, she thought. Her eyes were hooded for a moment whilst she regarded him. "I was hired by Miss Constance Harlowe," she said cheerfully. She grinned at him because he sat right on down next to her. "Tonight is my last night here in this inn."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem nodded, "I don't know her. Hopefully she isn't an overbearing boss." He quickly ordered a small similar breakfast before looking over. "Maybe you should do something fun before you are under her rules. Some don't let ladies out after dark drinking or talking to strange men."

134 Posts
9 Threads

"And you are a strange man," Amelia teased. "I will take you up on that offer if indeed that is what it is." She chuckled and took a bite of her awful tasting toast, chewing the hell out of the burnt bread product and making a neutral face as she forced a swallow down. Anything had to be more fun than eating that food.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem hadn't anticipated that. "Oh? You enjoyed my company that much? Well who am I to refuse. Alright. What time would you like to see me tonight for the celebration?" He grinned as he started digging into some porridge. "Unless you are suggesting that we start early."

134 Posts
9 Threads

"I'm afraid this is it," she gestured to the food and gave a lopsided smile, her nose crinkling a little. "I haven't got any coin left for such fun. This breakfast is my last meal here." she wouldn't be eating any luncheon or dinner at that point. She'd paid for one more night and the food, and that was it.

281 Posts
6 Threads

He held up his hand. "I offered, right? I can scrounge up something for a little dinner and a few drinks. If you don't mind sitting with me to celebrate."

134 Posts
9 Threads

"Alright," she said with a smile. "I don't mind sitting with you at all." Her mouth quirked. "I was actually just thinking about you before you showed up. How are you?" She did wonder about how he was in the time since she had last seen him. He was the first person to greet her in Whitby, after all.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem rose his brow at her as he drank some water. "Me? Why me? Don't tell me you've been bothered by people and my lesson on protection came in handy." He laughed lightly. "Or did you have a nightmare and saw my face?" He shrugged and took another spoonful of his food. "I've been here and there. Things could be better, but I'm not dying so I've got that going for me."