Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] This isn't a Library [Market, Shops and Spas]

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine smiled and sipped her own tea before gesturing to wait a moment. She placed the cup down before walking through the aisle and found a large leather bound book. "Well, this one is a rather good and rare one."

Unfortunately, it was not a book of an erotic nature. It had pages of illustrations of the nude body but many were of the internal structure of organs, some far more fantastic as they had been medieval in origin.

84 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'7"

Theodosia was a little disappointed, but the illustrations were rather outlandish for this time and she was fascinated by them. At some point in her life, she'd considered becoming a nurse and had even studied to be one for a short time, but she was too independent to do so. Preferring to be her own boss, she turned to other pursuits and ended up the relatively-wealthy inn owner of the Lassie's Faith Inn one of the best-reviewed accommodations in Whitby. "It is quite interesting," she replied, leafing through it for a moment. "Do you..." She considered her word choice carefully. "... happen to have read Miss Anne Lister's diaries?" She glanced to see Christine's reaction. "I'd heard there were a few copies published by a, ah, underground group."

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine rose her brow at the change in topic. The bell kept her aware who was in the shop, so she didn't have to be worried. "Ah, we have a rather nice collection of books considered unsavory by the public. My father believed that no matter the topic, written word was important and should be cherished." She leaned in a touch and spoke again, "I must admit they are very good reads. Have you read it?" She sipped her tea as she watched the woman carefully for her reaction.

84 Posts
3 Threads

Theodosia was having trouble gauging if the woman's reaction was positive or negative to her hope. She watched as Christine took a sip of tea and did the same a moment later. "Indeed, I have," she responded calmly, though she was mentally crossing her fingers and wanted to lean forward as she eagerly awaited a reply. "And I enjoyed the story." A pause. "Especially the parts that would, as you say, be 'considered unsavory by the public'."

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine looked at the other woman wide eyed. She then smiled and put a hand to her lips, hiding her grin. "Oh, it's the best part if you ask me. So very improper, and I love improper. Perhaps we should read it together some time." She liked this woman, she was interesting. Her push towards this book finally got to Christine for what it was, so she threw out the metaphorical line to see if she'd take the bait. "It's so rare to find a woman of similar.. tastes." She smiled more as she checked Theodosia's face for her reaction.

84 Posts
3 Threads

Theodosia's smile tugged up on one side. "Indeed, it is rare." Her gaze clearly showed what she meant and her heart gave a sigh at the near-confirmation of Christine's, ah, fancies. "I do agree, we should read it together." She tilted her head. "Perhaps... next Saturday? I happen to own a copy." It wasn't quite a date, but it was likely clear that she meant it to be.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Chrstine clearly loved the idea of meeting up again. She hugged the large medical journal to her chest and tilted her head, leaning quite close to the other woman, too close for most people. Her head almost touched her shoulder as she peered up at her with her large expressive eyes. "Shall we meet here or is there another place that's more comfortable? I'd love to get your opinion on the material.. The..o..do..si..aa.." She said, clearly drawing out the other woman's name testing it and letting it roll on her tongue pleasantly.

84 Posts
3 Threads

Theodosia could tell her suggestion had delighted Christine and her smile grew as she stepped closer. The other woman's bare neck, easily seen by the way she tilted her head, brought a flush to Theodosia's cheeks, though it was hard to see on her skin. And those big eyes, looking at her like that- a shiver went up her spine. Not to mention, she loved the way her name rolled off Christine's very-kissable lips. Theodosia suddenly couldn't wait for next Saturday. "I happen to have an apartment over the Lassie's Faith Inn if you aren't averse to my suggesting it..." she replied, leaving the offer open-ended for Christine to agree or add terms of her own.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine's smile changed so subtly but when it had been warm and curious before, it was now downright mischievous. She stood straighter and slipped the book in her arms back onto the shelf. "That isn't far at all." She turned to her and leaned against the bookcase opposite of her with her head slightly tilted back as if in mid swoon. "I will be delighted to go. I don't get out of here as much as I should, but I would love to follow you. I hope you are not like a will o wisp, luring me with your loveliness to my doom." She giggled being much bolder now. "I am completely at your whim if I were to go.." She sighed almost seductively before glancing at her. "I can not wait."

84 Posts
3 Threads

Oh, goodness. Theodosia was definitely blushing by now. This woman had her wound around her finger already, and they'd barely just met. That little swoon, her daring words, her teasing- Theodosia's heart was trembling. And that sigh- goodness, goodness, goodness. Theodosia could hardly tear her eyes off Christine, but managed it after a long, long moment. She thought it would be rude to leave the store without purchasing something, and of course, she wanted to promote a fellow female business owner. Especially one like Christine. "I'm glad to hear it," she said, browing the shelf behind Christine, and winked at the woman as she picked out a book on the human body. "I'll just have to skip over the masculine parts in this, shall I not?"