Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Fox at the Door [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

295 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 6'

Wesley nodded, "So you are saying you had nothing to do with it at all? You didn't rise up a few other fishermen to retaliate in your stead against the man? Do you know any one else with a motive for it? Supposedly it was overheard at a bar about some people were gloating about this attack and that they were fishermen. I haven't gone to that place yet, but I will see what is known there. So I wouldn't protect someone if I were you. If I can get a little evidence against a person responsible they won't take the blame alone if they can. I've seen it happen more than enough."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben shrugged and looked at the man directly. He wasn't sure why the man thought this was his business in the first place, but Ben wasn't going to let himself be intimidated. "There's all sort of rumours in the pub. I never know which ones to believe. But I know this one is probably true. Noah has a lot of enemies and does a lot of dumb things. He may have picked a fight with men bigger than him, or he may have stolen or broken something or insulted someone. Could be half the town..."

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley sighed heavily. "I really hate to do this but.. I am afraid I have to bring you in. Speaking with the father of the victim, it seems he's afraid of you getting revenge for him reporting the crime. The only way to take care of it is to take you in and getting the report knowing he is safe as long as you are locked up. After I get what I need, you can be let go." He reached for his cuffs. "You are the biggest suspicion I have, since I've someone who claims two others fingered you as the culprit. Until I get this out of the way , I can't let you go free. You are a danger to other people."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"What?" Ben was baffled. "You're arresting me because Harry Longbottom made some claim against me and said I was dangerous?! You can't just arrest me based on what some half-drunk fool says! I have me children to look after and work to do!"

The door was opened.
"Please don't arrest him!" the children shouted. They had been listening at the door.

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley frowned. "I can't let you remain here until things are somewhat resolved. It seems you were picked out as the perpetrator before but because the victim wouldn't go through with the report you were never questioned. That points at the idea that he is afraid of you and the other fishermen. Since you are the only suspect, you are coming with me." He looked to the children. "I'm sure you have a friend of the family's you can stay at or some relative. If your father wanted to stay with you, he wouldn't have started trouble and added himself into the list of possible attackers. If I were you, I'd start finding someone who knows more about this. While you might be freed due to lack of evidence, it will take time. Now come on." He turned him to handcuff the old man. "If you're lucky, he will suddenly remember other names. Then I can go after them instead."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben looked down at the handcuffs. "No way! I didn't do anythin'. And I didn't start any trouble!"

Bram rushed forward and kicked the constable, while the other children gasped.

"Bram!" Ben pulled the boy away and held him close to him, as if to shelter him.

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley smiled. "Look, I am trying to clean things up. This is the first problem I've come across that needs to be dealt with. You claim innocence but have no alibi which is fair because you do not know where or when. You are considered a danger though so I must keep you from causing trouble. If you keep resisting, I will be arresting you just for that."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben glared. This was insane and he'd have a word with Elijah about this. But he was afraid that Bram might to to kick the man again or do some other stupid thing and get them all into more trouble. "Fine..." he said, even though it was not fine. He turned to Anne. "Anne, you're responsible. If it gets too much, you ask Maggie for help. Actually... Will, go and tell her what happened."

The boy glared hard at the constable, though underneath he looked anxious. But he passed them and ran off.

Anne looked as if she was about to cry. "Please, ser. My father ain't done nowt!"

"I won't come in handcuffs." Ben grunted.

295 Posts
3 Threads

"That will be decided later. If this town wasn't so full of trouble, I wouldn't have had to come. I am going to fix it all and I can't if I keep letting people go like he would."

Wesley pushed Ben to walk. "The moment you give me trouble, you will be in cuffs."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben let go of Bram. "It will be alright?" he told the children, and he walked along, clenching his jaw.

"Noooooooooo!" Bram ran after them and kicked the constable again. "You're evil! We wan't Elijah!"