Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Stranger danger [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne sat very still, her attention focused on the street and the direction they were supposed to go in. She watched carefully for any sign that he might try to go in a different direction. "Anne..." she said in a very quiet voice. Her hands were in her lap, fingers entangled. Despite the cold, her hands were sweaty.

194 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'6"

Lou smiled to himself, thinking he was making progress. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Anne," he replied cheerfully, "Lou Dendy, at your service." He turned his head back to face her and tipped his hat at her, his smile friendly.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne glanced at him suspiciously. "I can't pay..." she said. She could, technically. Perhaps if he tried to harm her, she could offer him the money she had earned, and maybe he would leave her be.

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou gave a start and glanced back again, giving a chuckle. "That's alright, I wouldn't ask you for payment anyway. Just seeing you arriving safe at home with your family on a dark night like this is enough."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne relaxed a little. Maybe that was all there was to it. They were heading in the right direction. "Thank you..." she said. She looked down at her hands and plucked at he skin beside her thumb. Perhaps she should make conversation, but she wasn't good at making conversations with girls her own age, let alone grown up strangers. She bit her lip.

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou could tell the girl didn't much feel like talking, so he spoke instead and told her stories about the stray animals he'd taken in over the years and about his current pets. "Betty just had her kittens last week!" he exclaimed cheerfully as they turned the corner, the entrance to the yard she'd mentioned appearing at the end of the road. "They're sweet things, all five of them."

629 Posts
22 Threads

"I love kittens!" Anne said, forgetting her fear for a moment. "It's good of you to take 'em in. We can't have animals in our place, because there ain't space enough, but I used to play with stray dogs and cats." Sometimes she felt it was easier to connect with them than with other children. Animals didn't judge her for her clothes or family or body type or shyness.

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou grinned, glad he'd been able to connect with this girl on some shared interest. "Animals are wonderful things, aren't they?" he remarked cheerfully, slowing Kip down with a practiced hand as they approached the gate. "Would you like me to walk you to the door, in case your folks are worried?"

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne realized they were already at the yard. "Oh..." She blushed in the dark. What if someone would see her get out? "No... I'll be fine, thank you.... actually, would you mind letting me get off just around the corner?"

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou nodded and clicked his tongue. Kip sped up back to a trot and they went past the gate, Lou whistling rather conspicuously although, ironically, he was trying to appear disintegrating and normal. He pulled up on the reigns gently as they reached the next corner and he turned around and hopped out of his cab. He offered Anne a hand down and was careful to let go of her hand as soon as she was steady the ground. "Take care, miss," he said politely and tipped his hat at her.