Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Heavy Horses [Market, Shops and Spas]
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony waved him off. "Don't thank me. You really helped me out. I don't like men, in fact I hate most of them. But you're not like the ones I meet. I hope things go well for you, man. If you find yourself in a bad state, let me know. Depending on what's the cause, I might help you out the best I can. It's the least I can do after what you've done for me and Jenny."

194 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'6"

Lou beamed. He didn't have many friends in Whitby, and now this fellow was more-or-less offering his friendship. It would be nice to recognize someone around town and be able to wave to them and stop for small talk once in a while. Lou raised his mug of cider in another toast, this time offering it to Pony, and replied, "Thank you. And if you ever need someplace to keep Jenny and sleep for the night, my door and barn are always open."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded before looking embarrassed. "Well, now that you speak of it. While I don't need it per say.. I have not been living with my sister as I had been because of her recent...activities. So I've been staying at the inn but it does tend to start putting a dent in the purse. I certainly can't expect you to just say yes since we've just become friends. But perhaps one day soon you'll allow me to? Just me and Jenny in the corner of the barn, won't bother your fine mare at all."

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou smiled. "Of course! Though I'm afraid my- er, Madeline is taking up the guest room at the moment, the couch is fairly comfortable and I've got plenty of pillows and blankets, so you needn't sleep in the barn, especially on these cold winter nights." He blushed a little at nearly calling Madeline 'my Maddie' but didn't mention his mistake and went on cheerfully, "Jenny would be well fed and cared for, like all the strays I take in." His cheeks linked a bit more. "Not that you or your ass is a stray. I suppose the better phrasing would be 'like all the animals and folks I take in'."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony waved him off. "Don't apologize! I am a stray and I like it. It's my sister who wants to settle down so badly. " He decided not to comment about the woman. "Long as she is trustworthy to you, I'm sure she's fine. And you're too kind to us. Jenny would love spending a bit of time with Kip, I'm sure. I will sleep on the floor if it's all you have. It's less painful than the cart though I've done that too."

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou frowned and adamantly shook his head. "No, no, no, the couch is nearly as good as a bed, though if I had a bed available, I'd offer it to you." He considered offering to board Pony in his own room and have himself sleep on the couch, but then he realized that might be a bit too much, despite his good intentions.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded and smiled. "Anyone ever tell you that you're too nice for your own good? I will probably take you up on that offer, but only after you talk to your friend. A girl might be very scared seeing a strange man in the same home as her without preparing. If not, no worries. I still got my cart and Jen. We'll be fine wherever we go, always have been."

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou grinned and patted the man once on his shoulder. "You're a good man, too," he said cheerfully. Being quite a humble fellow, he liked to pass compliments given to him to other people, and so he did so in this instance. "I think Maddie would be fine with it." Especially because the bedroom she was sleeping in had a lock, which she was able to use whenever she wanted.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

The compliment almost had Pony laughing where he sat. "Sure, friend, sure.." He was glad to hear that they didn't need to ask. "Then that sounds wonderful. I just need a place to rest my head, I'm out all day working anyway."

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou nodded. "As am I." He gave a chuckle and continued eating his sandwich, which was almost gone by now, with gusto. "The life of a cabby keeps you on your feet- or, rather, keeps your horse on her feet and you on your rear on a stiff seat!"