Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Past and Present [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

339 Posts
19 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'11"

"I can't leave because the Master won't let me," she said low. "One of the other girls disappeared and I think he had something to do with it. I am scared." It was the first time she had spoken up about it, really. "All of us are frightened of him, even the Madame. He tried to make an example of another girl by cutting off her finger, though she managed to get away before that, but was cast out in nothing but her underthings."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him

Darius stared at her in surprise, almost drooling the brush. He started to think about Chris as it sounded like something he'd have done if he was in position. He shook his head as he made his suggestion nonchalantly. "Then don't go back. Stay here. I'll make sure you're safe, no one messed with the Carringtons."

339 Posts
19 Threads

She was going to die, but somebody had to know the truth. "I cannot. The Master IS a Carrington. It's Magnus... I... if he finds out I told you, he'll kill me, I am sure of it." Her words were hushed. "I am his favorite, he likes me to be on his arm quite a bit and has lain with me for three months now, and that is the main reason he would not let me go. I have nowhere to go, either. I have no family, I don't even know who I really am. I became a courtesan to pay for help in finding information from Italy... But I never thought it would be this hard."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius thought her story was worthy of a story, but remembered she was a real person and in danger. He didn't care about others very much, but that didn't mean he was immune to guilt and he had taken part in a lot of terrible things in his past. He sighed and stepped back from the painting and walked over to her. "Just stay here. Hide from him in my room and I'll help you move in and out if you want. No one cares to come here, and there's plenty of places to hide if you had to.' He gestured to some of the clutter in his room. "He won't be looking for you here anyway. I'll let you go home today and when its quiet and safe, i'll come and get you back so no one will know where you went."

339 Posts
19 Threads

"Magnus is not a man I wish to cross," she said. "He is a bad man, Darius." Magnus must die, she thought. But how? She thought of all the nights he lay with her and how easily it could be to do so. But she wouldn't, couldn't be the one to do it. She looked up at Darius and only a single tear seemed to cling to her lower lid, something she seemed to be trying to hold back. "What if he does find me here?" That was when she thought, it was kill or be killed.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius didn't know much about this dark side to his brother, but he dismissed it. "I'm his brother, I'm not afraid of him." He walked over and knelt down to look into her face. The single tear was lovely too and he wished he could hold it in time, but he also didn't want her to be miserable, she didn't deserve it as far as he could tell. "I don't go out often, so I'd be here too. He wouldn't dare murder you in the house, I'm quite certain father would disown him. And he'd get no where as a shame to society and not a pence to his name. Don't you think you are far safer here hidden away in my room than where he gets to you regularly anyway?"

339 Posts
19 Threads

"You don't understand," she said, "There have been people disappearing because of him... One girl almost lost a finger as an example when she broke a rule. If I go missing, he will find me. I know it." She sat up and looked him in the eye. her face a reflection of the fear she felt. She was tired, she thought as she regarded her friend.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius sighed and patted her cheek very lightly. "I can't protect you outside of here. If I knew what to do, I would." He frowned as frustration and helplessness filled him again. He had been too late for Chris but knowing she was in danger, he still had no idea what to do.

339 Posts
19 Threads

She closed her eyes and gave a sigh, returning to the pose he had put her in and saying, "Somehow it will be alright. It has to be." Now if only she could believe it herself. That was a hard thing to do when one lived in terror of somebody. Magnus was an evil, evil man.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius relaxed and went to painting. "You have to believe that. I am offering to help you if I can..." He sighed as he tried to focus on his work.