Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] What Defines Innocence [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

[Content warning: reference to rape]

Menachem looked at her in surprise then sighed and covered his face. "Ah.. I can't believe this. You are truly a sad innocent woman." He looked at her between his fingers. "What men and women do after marrying.. a man could force that upon you and you wouldn't be a 'maiden' any longer. If it got out your life could be ruined. Hell, you could find yourself with a child. All because some bad guy wandered the streets when you were alone. So please, don't walk alone at night if at all possible and if you have to, stick to the main roads. It's... less likely."

134 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'2"

"Fornication? I... don't even know what that is, but it leads to a baby?" She blushed and then covered her face. "They didn't teach me about that in school. Nobody did." And with that, she stood and walked over to a window to look out at the wet mess that was the rain. "So someone could... force... fornication? Augh." This did distress her to a point, she was upset now. Amelia looked over to him... "I suppose I had better learn to protect myself then."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem's brow lowered. "Yes.. something people are expected to do at some point in their lives if they do things right are only told of it when its looming at their doorstep or they figure it out on their own.. " He shook his head as he didn't want to discuss this sort of thing. He stopped eating and simply folded his hands as he couldn't order another drink as much as he wanted to. "Don't think about it, just know that some people shouldn't be considered human. Be careful and aware at all times. Carry and hide a weapon if you can, if you can't.. " He gestured to his eyes, then his throat, then down below. "Everyone is weak at their eyes and their throat, so if you are in danger don't hold back. Claw, grab, tear, they don't deserve your mercy if they don't listen to 'no' and you can't run. If it's a man, between his legs is another sensitive point if you can kick there." He tilted his head if that was all he could merely tell her. "Just always be careful, you don't have to be polite when you are being safe. And Whitby is a dangerous place.'

134 Posts
9 Threads

"Thank you for telling me all of this... you didn't have to." She sat back down and asked, "One more drink for the road?" She hadn't planned on buying more whiskey but she needed the fortification after what she was told by Menachem. She had plans on going back to her room and sorting out the mess that was her carpet bag, but she was pretty sure she would have to ask for a bucket of water to do her laundry in... or if she got lucky, there would be plumbing here and she would be able to wash her laudry in the tub. Either way, there was much to be done. She heaved a sigh as she digested all of this info, her stomach cramping a little from the worry at his words, that her father made a grave error in choosing Whitby instead of giving her the chance to choose for herself.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem nodded but smiled at the offer of a drink. "Yes, one more for the road." He gestured for the waiter then looked at her. "Don't be so glum, most people are smart so things like that aren't going to happen to you if you're careful. Just keep what I said in mind, too many women here think running and screaming will save them. It will only do so much. If you have a head good enough to be a governess hopefully you're good enough to avoid danger. And you have a pretty face, make friends and you won't be alone." He quickly held up a hand, "but still never completely trust your friends, only a fool thinks he is immune to betrayal."

134 Posts
9 Threads

"Friends..." she said... She didn't remember the last time she had any friends. Did he just say she had a pretty face? She didn't blush but she did smile. When the waiter came, she ordered the two whiskeys and he took himself off to fill the order, brought them back, and handed them over. She took her tumbler and lifted it. "What say you to a toast then?" She paused and thought for a moment, then and continued, "To seizing the night and making it yours."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem seemed in thought and held up his glass and smiled at her. "That sounds like a good idea." He found her wording very interesting as he clinked his glass to hers and then downed it quickly. "If you turn it around and start robbing men in the night with the newfound knowledge I have given you, I will laugh." He grinned huge. "Just don't try to rob me."

134 Posts
9 Threads

"I would never," she laughed, "I consider you an ally at this point... But if you betray me," she waggled her finger in jest, "I'll have to use what you taught me on you and we don't want that, now do we?" Her eyes danced with laughter, then she raised her glass and downed the vile liquid.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem laughed and nodded. "Oh don't worry, i can keep myself safe but I'd never dream of betraying an ally. How can I help you rise up in the underworld of crime?" He smirked and sat back. "Glad to see you accept my help. I hope it comes in handy one day."

134 Posts
9 Threads

"It was a pleasure," she said honestly. "Thank you for all of your help... But I must go now. Maybe I will see you soon." She reached out and touched his arm only very briefly before standing and then turning around. He would probably hear her gag just as she fled to her chamber. Her plate of food was only half-eaten.