Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] What Defines Innocence [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

281 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Menachem nodded, "Oh I understand. I've been insulted and bullied by my family and then by others after I grew up. It does make one develop a thick skin though I can't pretend I'm happy with it." He was indeed going to walk away when she mentioned dinner. He froze and glanced over. "Dinner? I would love to, but I can't treat you." His gaze turned towards her fully, wondering if she was hoping to get a free meal out of him. She'd be sorely out of luck.

134 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'2"

"No... No... I asked you earlier if you wanted dinner. I don't have much but I can afford to buy dinner for you for your troubles." She wasn't as broke as she seemed but she was broke enough. "I know that you have to be uncomfortable, and if you're hungry too... well, then I can at least make that go away for a while." She gave a little smile.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem turned towards her and eyed her in confusion, trying to figure out her intent. She seemed to mean it genuinely. "Sorry, must have missed it. If you don't mind paying I'd be a fool to refuse, but.. You know you're being really foolish. You don't even know my name." He met her smile with a small smirk. "If you don't mind taking the risk to eat with a stranger, then I will be happy to eat with you." He was hungry and freezing cold from the rain, this suited him just fine.

134 Posts
9 Threads

"From what you have been saying, living in Whitby itself if folly. What is one more foolish thing? Since you bring up names, my name is Amelia Mason. How do you do?" she stuck out her hand. "I don't mind sitting with a stranger for dinner. It is better than being up here alone and thinking about how cold I am."

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem took her hand and shook it slightly as he laughed. "You do have a point. I'm Menachem Meijer." She seemed level headed enough he hoped she had no preconceived notions if she noticed his last name. He had just met her and women constantly disappointed him. He would be hopeful but not surprised if the woman let him down. "You may lead the way, Miss Mason."

134 Posts
9 Threads

She did lead the way to the common room where dinner was soon paid for and awaited. When they sat down, she looked at him and said, "Did you want tea too, or whiskey? It'll help chase the cold away, yes?"

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem rose a brown and considered the two. He had no one to impress so he spoke honestly, "The whiskey will keep me warm longer.." He could really use a drink. "Did your father suggest any families to speak to about your job?"

134 Posts
9 Threads

"My father is too busy training my brother to take over the vicarage," she said with a shrug and flagged down a serving wench, asking for two whiskeys because she was cold too. The meal would take a bite out of her purse but she would have had to eat anyways. "He said I was smart and would find my way in the world." The whiskey arrived and she, who had never drunk spirits before, stared at the small tumbler with the amber liquid in it. She took it and took a small sip and then gave a surprised cough as it burned her throat. It also tasted terrible. The look on her face was priceless.

281 Posts
6 Threads

Menachem nodded, "Then we are similar. My father was certain I'd amount to nothing and left me to make make my own way in the world. Let us hope we both don't disappoint our fathers." He had a bitter grin before taking his whiskey. Before it could touch his lips, he stopped and watched her cough. He laughed and tried to compose himself. "Sorry.. your first time?" He gestured to the glass before downing his own.

134 Posts
9 Threads

"Here is hoping," she said with a shrug. And then he was laughing at her for the cough, and she gave a little bit of a grin as well. "Yes, it is my first time. But I am cold and this should warm me." She then followed his example and downed what was in the tumbler. "Oh hewhewhewhew," she croaked out and gave a shudder at the bitter liquid tracing a path of fire down her esophogas.