Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A New Life Through Death [Market, Shops and Spas]

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne nodded. "Please let me handle the rope next time. I'm stronger than I look, and me hands are used to rough work." she held them up as if to prove her point.

50 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: he him
Height: 5'2"

Gus still looked uneasy. "Alright, but let me get you some gloves, just in case. I will feel better about it. " He smiled and walked with her back into the other room after securing the rope. "How much longer can you stay before you must get home? I do not wish for you to get into trouble."

629 Posts
22 Threads

"What time is it?" Anne asked. "I'm supposed to be home quarter past eight." She had checked which verses the Bible group was reading before she came here, so that if father asked her about it, she could tell him what they had read and she would come up with something they would have talked about.

50 Posts
1 Thread

Gus checked his pocket watch and looked startled. "It is almost 8 now. Can you make it in time?" He looked at her in worry. "I can grab the horse and cart to get you there quicker if you need."

629 Posts
22 Threads

For a moment, that offer teased her. Girls like her didn't ride in carriages, but she had often dreamed of it. But she shook her head. She didn't need it, and she might be seen. "You're too kind, ser, but I'll make it. Thank you. I'm sorry if I wasn't much use. I promise I'll work harder on Sunday!"

50 Posts
1 Thread

Gus smiled as he led her to the door. "What are you talking about? I think you learned quite a lot about the job for your very first day, and it helped us get to know each other. A master and apprentice should get along, don't you think?" He nodded to her but before he could let her leave, he put a few shillings into her hand. "Here you go, consider it an advance on your pay. I hope you will work hard in the future." He gave her a big smile. "I have a lot of faith and believe you will make something wonderful of yourself, Miss Ward. Even if it may not happen all at once."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Apprentice! She wasn't simply a servant or worker, but she was an apprentice. That sounded like something very serious. More serious than she had ever thought she could become. That was as if... she would be in his position one day. Anne felt flustered. And then something even more wonderful happened. Anne looked down at the shillings in disbelief. She had never owned this much money before, for the only money she had ever possessed were her weekly penny, and a few extra pennies father gave them when the fair came to Whitby. She looked up at him. "Thank you," she whispered breathlessly.

50 Posts
1 Thread

Gus looked at her in surprise at how she reacted. He smiled huge and hugged the young woman. "You do not need to thank me. I am your master and your friend. Just do not disappoint me. Remember to be brave and follow your heart in what's best. I hope to have quite a while with you, though we can not tell what the future will decide. So we will both do our best, promise?" He held out a hand to her.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne hugged him back. He was so old, and such a kind man, that he felt like a grandfather, more than a stranger, and it didn't feel wrong. "I'll be brave and I'll work very hard." She stooped down to put her money in her shoe, where it would make less noise than if she put it in her pocket. Then she shook his hand. "Thank you. I will see you on Sunday." And she rushed off, before she'd be late and father would question her. She did feel brave. It was awfully wicked to tell so many lies in order to be able to do this. But for a moment she did not fear God, or father, or the reverend. She was brave.