Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Who Needs Protecting? [Market, Shops and Spas]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah rose his brow. "I've seen what you've written so far. I think you like to make something more sensational. Maybe it is just me, but I think its much safer to only report the facts. You are putting ideas into people's heads and making them think something whether or not its true."

188 Posts
3 Threads

"Are ye policing the newspaper now, constable? That's an interesting priority with all that's going on in town," the young man said.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head. "I just said I'm not. I just am hoping you will take this seriously and not cause trouble for others. If it helps I am trying to get more help so that I won't be doing this alone. Maybe you'll be pleased there will be another person to help keep an eye on the town and try to keep the peace." He didn't want to act like he cared about the paper, he shouldn't. The fact it made people believe in him and that he was trying to help was a bit upsetting though.

188 Posts
3 Threads

"Well, I'm glad to hear that at least." Gareth said. "Was that all?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah felt a headache coming. He was sure this guy was going to twist the paper and say how he threatened them or something equally ridiculous. "Look, you're very young. I just want you to be careful about what you write. The written word has a lot of power over people and some people think of an opinion as fact. So please be careful about what you suggest in the words you choose, alright?"

188 Posts
3 Threads

That annoyed Gareth. He didn't need someone speaking to him like he was a child! "I know, Mr. Crane. An awful lot of power. So I suggest you back off."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah rose his brow. "Are you trying to threaten me?" This kid was being very presumptuous on a lot of things. "I really am a fair man, but I think you really should take what I said to heart. It might not seem like a big deal to pepper in your personal opinions in a few pieces to make it read better. But it is."

188 Posts
3 Threads

"It's not my personal opinion, sir. I write facts, whether you like to face them or not," Gareth said. He was not intimidated by the constable. What a pitiful wimp.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah laughed. "I've read your paper. We have very different idea on what is facts. I have given you what I thought was good advice. You will do with it what you will. If one of your 'facts' is proven to be wrong and is a big enough deal. People will turn against you and the paper. Be attentive and alert so that never happens." He folded his arms and frowned.

188 Posts
3 Threads

That made him uncomfortable. But Gareth refused to show it. "Thanks for your advice, Mr. Crane." he said haughtily. "I have things to do now."