Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Wedding Plans [The British Isles]

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

By the time they were nearing London, which was some hours later, Donald had read and reread the newspaper and was soon taking a siesta while the train tracks beneath gave a rhythmic beat that seemed to lull him into a nap. Upon hearing her words, he cracked an eye open and smiled, "I bet you're excited," he said.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'3"

Persephone grinned and bit her lower lip a little as she continued to look out the window. "Yes, I am. Harriet will be so glad to see me, I do hope my parents haven't sent her on an errand or some nonsense when we arrive." Her gaze moved to her messenger back and she rummaged through it for a moment before pulling out a small box. "I brought this-" She opened the box and showed Donald the sea glass necklace. "-to give to her as a present. I hope she likes it."

171 Posts
6 Threads

"What a lovely gift. I am sure she will love it. How very thoughtful of you." He touched her hand again with a soft stroke of his finger. He gazed at her in such a way that she might detect signs of adoration forming. If he wasn't in love with his bride, he would soon be. He folded the paper at that point and set it aside. "I like seeing the light of happiness in your eyes, it makes you radiant."
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone blushed becomingly. She wasn't used to all these compliments, but she certainly wasn't complaining. Donald just might be the sweetest person she'd ever met- aside from her sister Harriet. The train gave a high, long whistle which drowned out her words of thanks, but she was sure her fiance got the gist of her appreciation. She slipped the strap of her messenger bag over her shoulder and replaced her book on Da Vinci's blueprints and the necklace box for Harriet within its pockets. The train began to slow and other passengers started to gather their things. She looked to Donald, having a hard time keeping her smile from stretching ear-to-ear. She had so little to frown about and so much to smile for.

171 Posts
6 Threads

He put the newspaper in his own bag and smiled at her obvious excitement to get off the train and to get to her sister. He was happy because she was happy, and he liked to admire her when she was happy, he mused. "I am glad you will get to see your sister if it makes you smile like this all the time." He stood once the train was at a complete stop and offered his arm. "Shall we go on our grand adventure then?"
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone beamed and gladly took her fiance's arm. "We shall!" And the train's whistle blew just as they made their way onto the busy London station. The sky was unusually clear for a day in the city, and Persephone smiled at a few children she saw running amuck through the station. She'd always desired to have children of her own one day, but had never felt a want to marry, and she realized with a start now that she had the chance to have little feet pitter-pattering around the home within a year's time. The thought made her smile and she glanced to Donald. Did he want kids? She hoped so. Oh, she really did. But one thing at a time, she reminded herself, marriage came first. She still wasn't sure if she was learning to love him yet, which she believed would have to come before having children. As they left the station, Persephone felt a pep growing in her step and looked to Donald, conveying with her eyes the question of whether or not she should call over a cab.

171 Posts
6 Threads

Without meaning to answer the unspoken question, he did his best to hail a cab. He helped her in when the cabby stopped and followed after with their belongings, loading anything big on the back of the cab before informing the cabby of the location and climbing in after. He took a seat across from her again because he liked to look at her and it was the easiest way to do so. "Onward we go," said Donald as the cab lurched and started toward the address given.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone couldn't help but give an excited giggle as the cab lurched into motion. As they rode along the streets of London, she pointed out various landmarks of her childhood to Donald. "-it's the best cafe in all of London, in my opinion, and if we get the chance, I'd like to take you there while we're in London. Oh- there's the tavern my uncle Rudy owns. And right there, on the horizon, do you see the sails of that ship? They look so similar to the merchant ship my cousin Norman used to sail on. I wonder if it could be the same." The ride took only a half-hour, and by the time they turned the corner, Persephone was itching to get there. Her parents' house was at the end of this street, and so they had a minute more before arriving, so she reached out and took Donald's hands, offering a smile. "Are you ready to meet my family?"

171 Posts
6 Threads

Donald sat in amusement as she chattered away about her old haunts and such. He smiled and listened to every word she had to say, however, ever attentive to his bride. "Yes, I see it," he said in regards to her question. The cab ride was pleasant, indeed, with her clear excitement palpable enough that he couldn't help but feel excited a little himself. When the cab lurched to a stop in front of her parents, he replied to her last query, "No time like the present." In all actuality, he was a little nervous even though she had said that they would probably welcome him as a son in law.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone smiled encouragingly at Donald as the driver opened the door for them and she hopped out first. A girl, twelve years of age, with wavy brown hair and the same blue eyes as Persephone, ran out from the front door with an ear-to-ear smile and a grand cry of "PERCY!!". Persephone rushed through the front gate, hiking up her skirts so she could run as well, her smile just as wide as her sister's. "Harriet!" The girl practically sprinted into Persephone's arms, and the young woman lifted her up and spun her around, both of them laughing with joy. "How's Whitby? Where's your fiance? Can I come back with you? Mother says I can visit now! And Father agreed!" Persephone beamed at this news, not minding that her cheeks were starting to ache with how much she was smiling, and put her sister down before turning back toward the carriage. "This is my fiance, Donald Witaker." She smiled, radiant, at Donald then as Harriet looked up at him with a curious gaze and greeted, "Hello!" sticking out her hand for him to shake.