Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Rum's Running Out [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

44 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'6"

Once Anthony came up with the lanterns, she took one from him and had him take the opposite end of the tarp. They started along the sandbar and came to the first crossing relatively quick. The ocean looked black as ink now, and the lamplight cast a fiery glow on it, the water absorbing its color. Perrine firmly tucked her arm through the loop she'd made in the fabric on the end of the tarp and told Anthony, completely focused on the task at hand by now, "When I say 'go', stretch your arms out as far as you can, still holding the tarp, for in case I fall and need a little leeway as to not hurt my shoulder. Once I get across, heave your side to me as hard as you can and I'll get it across, so all you'll have to jump with is the lantern. Got it?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

The regret had set in, again, and he was lamenting now more than ever that he should have stayed home. He didn't even care about their finds anymore, he just wanted to go home. How he wished that he had never brought up the idea of them doing this. Anthony refocused on the task at hand as Perrine began to speak, again. He tried to memorize the instructions as best as he could, but as always, he had trouble with that. "Yes," he nodded, regardless of the fact that he didn't really get it.

44 Posts
1 Thread

Perrine frowned but let herself think he got what she meant anyway. She tensed up her body and then- "Go!" She leaped. Assuming Anthony had followed her instructions, she landed a little awkwardly but without any injury, the lantern in her hand swinging dangerously close to her face as she stood up. A hot drip of wax struck the glass side and Perrine was quite glad the candle was enclosed or she would have been burned. She turned around and slipped the loop off her arm. "Now toss it to me as far as you can!"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony followed Perrine's instructions to the letter — he held the tarp whilst stretching out his arms, like she had told him to. He hesitated for a moment as she told him to throw it over to her, and he gathered up a little strength before he did so — the throw was a bit pathetic and didn't really get very far, but it was good enough. He succeeded, and that mattered the most.

44 Posts
1 Thread

Perrine caught the tarp and stumbled back a little under its weight, but didn't fall and judged Anthony's toss to be mediocre at best but successful, and that's all that mattered. He jumped across and they repeated this routine a few more times until they reached the longest jump, the first one they'd come to on their way to the shipwreck. This would be the tricky one, Perrine knew, and she paused Anthony behind her as she considered how best to do this. "Any ideas?" she asked, musing to herself. "This is the longest jump yet. We could... no, that wouldn't work. What if we- no, not that either. Hmm."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony frowned, and glanced at Perrine. His mind was absolutely empty, and he had no ideas whatsoever. Well, he had ideas, but no good ones. Thus, he shook his head  at her question. "What? What are you thinking?" He didn't like how she just...didn't talk  about her ideas, and cast them away. Surely they're better than his ideas.

44 Posts
1 Thread

Perrine considered her second idea for a moment, then shrugged. "Might as well give it a go." She looked to Anthony. "I know how to swim, and if you do as well, this should be rather simple, if not easy. If you don't, I just might have another idea that's riskier on my part but would keep you on dry land for the most part." Perrine shifted the weight of the tarp from one shoulder to another as she waited for him to say whether or not he could swim.