Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] That handsome baker [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose smiled up at him. "Do you flatter all your customers like this, Mr. Willaby?" he teased.

He could flatter her any time.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

"Here and there, but none serious until ye. Ye're the first ta be given two tarts." He gave a cute grin. "Ye can call me Andrew if ye'd like. Ye're the only one ta get me given name."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Wow, Rose thought, that's so bad. She also didn't really believe she was the first. Rose knew that there was nothing special about her. She wasn't pretty. She didn't have money. And the only way in which her life was 'interesting' was the apparently endless flow of disasters pouring down on her and her family. But Mr. Willaby didn't know about that - which was probably a good thing. Rose knew that her only interesting feature to the male population was that she was 'the right age' and unattached.

But she continued to smile. Whether she was the first to receive such flattery or not, she'd milk that feature. "Well, Andrew. Ye flatter me. And you may call me Rose." She preferred that, actually. Most people called her Rose, though now that she was older, she had noticed how strangers sometimes addressed her more formally. There was always that split second where she wondered whom they were talking to.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Rose," he said seriously, "what a lovely name." And he meant it. He wasn't aware that he came off as creepy, he thought he was being suave. Smooth. But he did not realize he was strange. The weirdo decided to go out on a limb. "Would ye, mayhap, like ta go fer a walk tomorrow afternoon?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

That went exactly in the direction Rose wanted it to go. She blushed quite genuinely now and cast her eyes down for a moment. "I would love that, s-." She stopped herself. She was so used to adding 'sir', that she almost applied it now. "Only, my first day off will be next Sunday. Perhaps we could take a walk that afternoon?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"That sounds like a good plan," he said genuinely. He flashed another smile at Rose and reached out to touch her hand gently. The touch was only brief, however, and not too improper, or he hoped not.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose jumped a little when he suddenly touched her hand. She blushed deep and looked down to avoid his eye, for her own involuntary reaction embarrassed her. "That's nice... Shall I meet ye here?" she asked quietly.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Perfect," he said, "Here is perfect." He dropped his hand, admiring her blush even as it was for her own reaction. "I will see ye then?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose nodded shyly, paid for the bread and then took her basket. "I'll be here at two. Bye, M-' Andrew." And Rose fled the shop, her spirit soaring. She knew she should keep a level head and not get her hopes up, but she couldn't help it. The handsome baker was interested in her and they were going to take a walk. In Rose's desperate mind, they were basically engaged. Couldn't secure that ring on her finger soon enough.

298 Posts
5 Threads

He took the money with a grin and said, "Until we meet again, Rose." He watched her leave before he relaxed his stance behind the counter, grabbed a broom and started sweeping whilst making fun of himself for flirting so hard core.