Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Shepherd's Pie [Market, Shops and Spas]
Frederic Mulvahil
In response to Karen's softly-spoken worry, Frederic gently pulled her through the door to his back office (conveniently right behind the grandfather clock) and kicked the door shut with his foot as he curled his fingers into her more comfortably, smoothly not breaking the kiss as he did so. This felt so right, even more so than when Patsy was alive, and Frederic realized he felt alive, truly living and breathing, better than he had in years. "Karen," he muttered almost-dreamily against her lips, the name falling from his own like a rose petal falling from its host, before kissing her again, then again.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

"Frederic," she countered against his mouth. Her eyes closed as he kissed her again and again, dispelling the deep loneliness she had been feeling. Now she felt a longing for what she ought not to and they were kissing as if their very lives depended on it. Her heart thundered in her chest with every moment that passed, that longing to live again when part of her had died... Mercy... "Fred..." The "we should stop" died on her tongue before it had a chance to whisper out, instead, replaced by a whimper and a soft sob. Her arms were around him then and she was clinging to him as if letting him go would kill her. She did break the kisses then and placed her cheek where she had before. "Hold me... just hold me."
Frederic Mulvahil
"Hold me... just hold me."

And so Frederic did, cradling her in his arms and occasionally swaying just the slightest as he slowed his racing heart. He breathed in her natural scent, one that he hoped to be able to grow accustomed too, and leaned his chin gently on her head. He ran his tongue over his lips at one point, remembering their kisses as a cozy sort of warmth spread throughout his chest, replacing the feverish clutch he'd felt on his heart when they were locked in that embrace. He closed his eyes and felt his breathing sync with hers. He hadn't let the moment go to waste when he'd had the chance, but now as he stood there, just holding her tight, warm, in his arms, he felt a twinge of worry. What came next? Surely they couldn't return to simply friendship- their connection was just too strong, and after that initial kiss, there was really no going back. It was either complete separation or further steps- what would it be? Of course, he would agree to whatever Karen wanted- but by all that he held dear, he longed for her to choose the latter.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She relished the feel of a man's arms around her... His arms. It was like being enveloped in a warm blanket, such was his embrace. Karen clutched at him for a time, her senses swirling around and making her dizzy. Her mouth eventually sought his again, but only briefly and softly that time. "i shouldn't want this, but I do. I don't want to be lonely anymore." Her words were a ragged whisper, raw with some emotion she tried not to name right then. Her eyes met his, hands lifting to cup his dear face.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic raised his hands to gently cover hers as she cupped his chin in her hands. "Neither-" His voice broke and he glanced down as he swallowed, then regained his voice, met her gaze again, and went on, just as quietly as she'd spoken, "Neither do I. Karen..." He ran his index finger softly over the back of her right hand as the smallest of smiles grew on his face. "We don't have to be lonely anymore." All the possibilities of this new path came crashing down on Frederic at once- he would help raise her babies (if she'd let him), Clover would finally feel the love of a mother, he'd be able to kiss her goodnight -and he leaned his forehead against hers. "I swear it on my life."

536 Posts
15 Threads

She sighed softly, looking up into his eyes for a long time. Karen eventually let her hands drop to her sides and she asked, "What do we do, Fred?" She was desperate for answers, for she was so confused about everything. She knew what she wanted, she wanted to live again. She had loved Harold, could she love again? So many questions whirled like a dervish in her mind and left her feeling overwhelmed. Karen wanted to know what he wanted... did he want the same as she? "We cannot pretend like nothing happened," she murmured more to herself than him, unknowingly reflecting his own thoughts.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic nodded and carefully took her hands in his own strong but gentle grip in a reassuring manner. He too didn't really know how to proceed from here, but for Karen's sake, he pretended to have some semblance of an idea. "We- we see what happens," he said, a slight smile appearing on his face despite his own uncertainty. "And I will take care of you and your children, whatever it takes," he promised quietly. "And should you ever feel you want or need to-" He choked on his words for a moment, but then forced them out despite how much he hoped this wouldn't happen, "-need to leave me, I would never stop you, for your will is vastly more important than the matters of my heart."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"No... We'd be takin' care of each other," she said quietly. "I never was good at sittin' still, ye understand, right?" Her hands squeezed his and she moved in closer, her mouth finding his one more time. It felt good to touch and be touched, she thought, to feel a man's lips against her own and to kiss a powerful kiss. He wanted to see where things would go. She would let him, she thought, and if it grew too intense for her, she would speak up. For now, she was too preoccupied in her kiss to him that was filled with longing and promise.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic wrapped his arms around her once more, kissing her back, sensing with joy that the trust in their relationship was growing. He did, in fact, understand, and he greatly appreciated her saying they'd be taking care of each other. He finally allowed himself to put a name to the feelings so strong in his heart: love. It was new, and still developing, and he swore silently to himself and to her (though she didn't know) to walk them both down its path safely and with joy.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I have to go," she said, breaking the kiss for but a moment and then kissing again. It was evident that she liked his kisses since she kept going back for more of them. She did have to go... She had been gone longer than appropriate and didn't want her neighbor cross with her. "The neighbor will be angry if I make her wait too much longer," she muttered and backed away. Her back was soon pressed to the door and her hand lifted to kiss swollen lips to touch the sensitive flesh. "Ye can put the pie back in the oven ta warm back up, mind, and to brown the potatoes a little more if ye'd like. There should be enough ta get ye by for a day or two, and then ye have an excuse to visit me when ye return me dish." She gave a smile.