Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Shopping trip [Market, Shops and Spas]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose enjoyed her shopping trips, even if it was cold. She preferred to be out of the house away from Mr. Meijer, Miss Meijer, and Benny. Being in one house with those horrible creatures was hell. And she enjoyed the shopping, because sometimes she imagined she was rich and it was her own money she was spending. 

She had already picked up some items, and now entered the bakery. It was a quiet day and there were no other customers there.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

Andrew was busy sweeping the floor free of crumbs when the bell over his door tinkled that welcoming sound. The extremely tall man turned and gave a smile to the lass who seemed to like his wares enough to be a repeat customer. "Good day to ye, Miss. What'll it be today for ye?" He set the broom down and approached the counter, settling his palms on the smooth surface and stooping over slightly in doing so. His warm blue eyes regarded Rose kindly as he waited for her to reply.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose looked up at the young baker, remembered what Pearl had said, and tried very hard to suppress a smile, succeeding only partially. "Two of the loafs over there please," she pointed. "It's quiet today." Another pleasant thing about shopping was the opportunity to make small talk. Rose didn't really have the opportunity to speak to anyone in the house, for she wouldn't dare speak more to the Meijers than absolutely necessary, and she avoided Benny as much as she could.

298 Posts
5 Threads

He gathered the two loaves of bread and placed them in paper before setting them down on the counter, naming a price that was less than usual just because he felt like giving a reward to a loyal customer. "Ah, yes. Tis quiet alright. But tis peaceful too." He nodded and gave a devistating smile, flashing white teeth at the girl with his eyes twinkling merrily.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Okay, so Pearl was right. He was very good looking. She decided to stay and chat a little, just to be able to brag about it to Pearl later on. "I hope your business has been goin' well so far, ser."

She paid the money. She didn't care much about the lower price. It was Mr. Meijer's money she was spending and she would gladly be forced to spend more, just because her boss was such an ass.

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Indeed. So far I have been blessed by the patronage of others. I also help fill the bellies of the schoolchildren, helping Mister Uriel Meijer out, the poor bloke seems overwhelmed by tryin' ta do too much at once." His day olds would end up in the bellies of the kids. "I enjoy the visits of some folk too." He said pointedly, taking the money and placing it into the till.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh." Rose was pleasantly surprised. "Well that is very kind of you, ser. Me youngest brother is in that school. Me father speaks very highly of Mr. Meijer." That Mr. Meijer. Father didn't know the Mr. Meijer Rose was working for - or so Rose and he thought, naively. "But I suppose you should be included in the appreciation."

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Tis the least I can do," he said nonchalantly. His gaze moved over what he could see of Rose and he said, "What was yer name again, Miss, that I might give ye proper greetings next time ye visit?" There were so many people in and out as of late that he truly couldn't keep names and faces straight, but he was sure he would remember if she told him.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose blushed a little, for with Pearl's words in her mind, her vanity was complimented. Even though it was a mere politeness, she was so going to tell Pearl that he asked for her name. "Rose Ward. Pleasure to meet you ser."

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Pleasure to meet ye," and then, "I am Andrew Willaby at yer service." He gave a courtly bow and then grinned at her. Oh, he was definitely flirting. "Would ye like ta sample a tart?" He didn't usually offer free samples unless he was flirting, but she didn't know that.