Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Watchmen for the Night [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah was surprised the man left so quickly. He wondered if he should check out how things were going in their home soon but had the present to deal with. He glanced at Anthony, "What was going on, honestly? If you needed money you could have asked me. I could try to help you find a job, or given you some if you needed it so badly." Of course, he wouldn't want to give him money if it was to be poured away in a pub. Anything was better than robbing people though.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Anthony stared at Elijah like a deer in headlights. He was scared and terrified, and nothing would help that, right now. "I—" he opened his mouth to speak, but he found himself unable to do so. He swallowed, as if trying to get rid of whatever it was that made his throat close up like that, to no success.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah rose his brow and frowned. He didn't mean to terrify him, but Anthony could have seriously hurt someone, certainly scare them depending on who he'd found. "Come on. I am not arresting you this time. But I want to hear you explain yourself. Robbing people at knife point is a serious matter."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

That didn't help his fears at all. Anthony just kept on staring up at Elijah in complete silence, much too frightened and anxious to even try and say anything. Besides, he didn't have anything to say. He didn't have any explanations or anything to tell him. So he just stayed quiet and tried not to break down in front of him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed in frustration and ran a hand over his face. "Ok, how about.. yes or no questions? Did you need the money? Were you scared to ask me for money?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

He could tell that Elijah was mad at him. That didn't help him feel any better. "Yes," Anthony said in a small voice, after a moment of quiet.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed heavily and nodded. "And you were afraid to ask me for help getting a job? Or did you not want a job?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony found himself unable to talk yet again, so after a moment of hesitation he just nodded 'yes' at the first question. His answer to the second question was the same, but he didn't want Elijah's opinion of him to worsen even more, so he simply did not react to it.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah couldn't hide the disappointment on his face at the lack of a second response. "If you do not want to work, then do not work. But do not rob people. I do not want to have to arrest you and I do not want you getting hurt. I.." He hung his head and leaned against the wall rubbing his face. "I don't want you to hate me, but I have a job to do. I can not ignore justice so please.. Don't do this."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony felt guilty. He felt extremely guilty, disappointed in himself, and also completely anf utterly terrified. Whatever Elijah was doing here, it was probably working, kind of. Was working, at least, until Anthony finally just broke down crying in front of Elijah.