Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Oatcakes [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose's smile turned into a genuine one. At least someone appreciated her presence. "Thanks. I'm glad I'm back." She nibbled on her oatcake, enjoying the taste for a moment, and envying her little sister's skill. "Did I tell you Mr. Meijer's sister is now staying at the house as well?" Gossip was a great way to lift the mood.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"Is she?" she asked while sipping tepid tea, pinky up. "What is SHE like?" Not that she had ever met Zecheriah Meijer to know what he was like. Rose had told her about him once, though, right? "Is she at all like your employer?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose got ready in gossip position. Hand wrapped around her cup - to the extent that that was possible; why were fancy cups so small? -, leaning slightly forward, eyebrows up, and a malicious grin on her face. "She is exactly like him," Rose said in a scornful tone. She knew it was really rude and unprofessional to gossip about her boss. But surely Mr. Meijer was an exception. He and his sister deserved it. "Which is funny," Rose continued, "because Mr. Meijer really dislikes her. You'd think that that would make him stop and reflect, but it doesn't."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

""Oh no!" she squeaked, nearly spilling her tea in her surprise. "How do they put up with each other if they don't like each other?" She set her tea down and covered her mouth to giggle at this news.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Pearl's reaction encouraged her. "That's the thing," she said, her grin widening. Eyes sparkling. She would have to go back tonight, and all would feel dark again, but for now, she laughed at it. "They thrive on disliking other people. So in a way, it's a good thing."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"That sounds awful," she said with a laugh. "Meanwhile, I only hear good things about Mister Meijer's brother... the schoolteacher. Poor old chap," she shook her head... "Having a brother like that. I could not imagine." Well, yes she could because Magnus was turning out to be a royal bastard. He didn't count though, did he?
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh yes, my brother is in his school, and he's been feedin' t' bairns," Rose said with a nod. "Its hard to believe they are related at all. Though..." She looked at Pearl as if trying to estimate her. She knew she shouldn't gossip about someone who was helping poor children, but the scandal was so delicious. She lowered her voice. "I heard he's livin' with a woman out of wedlock, and she's carryin' his bairn." Yeah, a Ward was definitely in a position to condemn that.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Her mouth formed the appropriate shape of "O" necessary to complete the look of shock on her face when Rose spoke of the brother living in sin with a woman. "No!" she gasped out and fanned herself.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose shrugged nonchalantly, but was actually really pleased with Pearl's reaction. "That's what I heard, anyway. Apparently, she's very strange too. She was a nun, 's what people are saying!"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"A nun?! But isn't he Jewish?" she asked, increasing the speed with which she fanned herself. Good lord, but Rose had some juicy gossip. Pearl was considering writing these things down for later use.