Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Oatcakes [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose gave her a small smile and touched Pearl's hand for a moment, to show her she was well intentioned. "Some guys can be jerks, and I don't want you to end up like my sister."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"I won't," she said softly, though she was not too sure of herself at that moment. She gave a frown then and lapsed into silence, not knowing what else to say. There was a part of her that hoped that Rose would not tell everyone what she had said about kissing a man, but she wanted to show that she trusted her and didn't bring it up.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose loved to gossip. But she wouldn't gossip about things that would seriously ruin someone's reputation. Well... not the reputation of someone she liked. "So how do you spend your days indoors?" she asked to change the topic, for Pearl seemed uncomfortable.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I've been working. My father expects that much out of me for living on my own. Tutoring young ladies isn't so hard to do." She managed a smile with that and then said, "What about you? What have you been up to, Rose?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose wishes she could teach instead of being a maid. Then she wouldn't have to follow orders but everyone would have to follow hers. "Oh I've been slavin' for a livin'. I'll tell ye what, Mr. Meijer's ever worse since his sister moved in. And he wasn't a very pleasant person to begin with. And now he has a new servant too, and he's the rudest person you'll ever meet!" It felt nice to complain.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Oh, that's terrible," she said, a little shocked but not overly surprised. It wasn't the first time someone had said something about a certain, Mister Meijer. "If I could save you from that job, I would. I would hire you to be my companion if my father would let me. I am sorry that your job is so hard."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"It's alright," said Rose. "I'm grateful I have a way to help support my family." Was she, if she'd be very honest? Rose wouldn't dare ask that question. "Its better than my previous position. That was in York. I felt so lost and alone..." She suddenly blushed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to complain." She kind of did. It felt great. But she had been taught not to.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Rose, I am your friend. You can complain to me. I promise." She lifted her hands in gesture. "That sounds like it was quite the bad experience. I am sorry you were lonely."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose gave her a small, thankful smile. "'T was the first time I was away from home. And so far too. I had never even slept in a bed alone." Did she actually feel tears well up? Rose suppressed them. Sometimes when she thought of how she felt back then, she could still get emotional. "It was not a great time. I'm glad at least I'm back in Whitby," she concluded, forcing a smile.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I see," she said thoughtfully, not sure how to relate to that one since she had been so adamant about getting out. But perhaps Pearl need only listen to her friend instead of trying to relate. "I am glad you are back here too."