Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Public Announcement [Market, Shops and Spas]
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

The boy finally stood on his own legs and thought. "Do you promise I don't go to prison if I go to court?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah placed a hand over his heart. "I give you my word, I will not allow them to put you in prison for even one moment."
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James had been taught not to trust the constable. But he really wanted to be adopted. "Then can you tell me where the court is?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah tilted his head, "Well the place that acts like a court here is just the town hall. So you can go there to talk to them about it. If you want to do it alone, if you're polite I'm sure someone will help you."
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

"And you promise they won't hang me either?" the boy insisted.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

He didn't think he could be more surprised. "They would have to arrest you to hang you, and I already promised they wouldn't arrest you. This isn't some sort of ... posse. You aren't a wanted criminal on the run. You're a child wanting a better life away from a family that is mistreating you. No reasonable person would even consider such a thing."
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James didn't know a lot of reasonable people. But still he said: "Okay," and he started walking in the direction of the town hall.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah's eyes widened as he just started walking. He was sure the kid didn't want his help but followed him regardless to hopefully keep him out of trouble.
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

Once he had reached the town hall, James marched in and looked around, not sure what to do.

"Excuse me," he tried to stop a man passing by. "I would like to divorce my family please." The man wrinkled his nose at the sight of the dirty child and walked on.

A guard walked over to James. "You! Get out!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah stepped up, carefully placing a hand on James' shoulder and looked at the other man. "I told him to come here for help. Do not push him aside like that, you didn't even hear him out." He looked at the guard with a frown. "I'm sure even you can agree, a child at this state should not be forced to continue with parents who have not worked even a day to lift him up from this condition. I will help him with the paper work if you will lead us the right way, if you do not want to , then do not get in my way and I'll do it alone."