Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Dude, where's my bike? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel stopped and turned. He really just wanted to find his bike and go home. He put a hand over his eyes and frowned. Then he looked at her. "Look miss, I'm all for better working conditions. I just don't see what difference me not riding a bike is going to make. And I was heading for the constable." As if he would miss an opportunity to see the constable.
Poet

180 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'11"

Does Saoirse find joy in making this man uncomfortable? Absolutely. That's part of the reason as to why she hasn't just left by now. "If a thousand people have the same attitude as you, no wonder there's been little progress regarding workers' rights and capitalism in general," that was incredibly false, of course. There has been progress. But what there hasn't been is a coup d'etat—and that's what she was aiming for, really. "because, really, thoughts and prayers and the like do absolutely nothing to help the state of the workers and, honestly, such an apathetic attitude is extremely counterproductive, even if you think it isn't. I'm glad you chose to look for your bike instead of just buying a new one and causing even more harm with that, but, like, not really." Yes, she will keep ranting. No, she will not leave.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

What had he done to deserve his, Gabriel wondered. "Look, if nobody buys bicycles, those workers would be out of work." He began to walk again. A little faster this time.
Poet

180 Posts
1 Thread

Saoirse can follow this little man with ease. And she does. "That's the point. Have you never heard of strikes or boycotting or anything like that?" she tried not to sound angry but she was kind of angry. "The point is to create a society where people aren't bound by the shackles of capitalism and can actually enjoy being people. And the only way we can do that is by either not supporting that system at all, or a violent overthrowing of authority, a la France a hundred years ago. And I don't think anyone would want another Robespierre running around." She would.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Oh dear... How had he actually ended up into this nightmare? "Or we can talk, and vote well, and use other peaceful means." Gabriel said. Why was she following him. More importantly: How was he supposed to get rid of her?
Poet

180 Posts
1 Thread

You can never get rid of her. This is your life now, Gabriel. "We have talked and negotiated for centuries, and while, yes, some changes have been made, they are miniscule compared to those made because of violent protests—hell, not even violent protests. Protests where people aren't pushovers," she ranted again. Though she won't admit it, she was enjoying this one-sided debate. "liberation of the working classes won't happen by...being nice and timid and polite, ser."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Why him? Gabriel picked up the pace once more. "The end doesn't justify the means," he quickly said. He had a headache.
Poet

180 Posts
1 Thread

Saoirse's legs are made of steel. She has no trouble with picking up the pace as well. "Yes, it does," she said. "if a hundred people have to suffer so that millions can live in peace....that's not ideal, but it's still good. Sure, everyone loves to push their nonviolent agendas on everyone but that doesn't get us anywhere. Noone is freed from their oppression by simply negotiating with their oppressors. If life worked like that, don't you think we'd be living in a paradise by now?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Look..." He sighed. "I just want to find my bike." He had no energy to discuss with her, and he doubted it would make a difference. He entered the police station, silently praying Elijah would be there.
Poet

180 Posts
1 Thread

He gave up, which means that she had won. "This is exactly what I'm talking about," Saoirse said rather begrudgingly. His....apathetic attitude and his attitude in general, and...ugh, this is why there hasn't been a revolution already. Though she was very bitter and more than a little bit angry, she didn't make any effort to stop the man or even further speak to him. If he just wants to find his bike in peace, she'll let him. No point in causing even more drama.