Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Just Don't Know [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius ran his hands through his hair as his head hung down.  "That's part of it. I'm also angry that he's gone. Even though it's not his fault. I'm also angry because just maybe he deserved it. He could have been terrible to people, even me."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel nodded slowly. "You weren't sure whether he was a friend?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius smiled weakly, "Oh I am quite certain I wasn't his, but he was mine. My only one. And it angers me that it was that way too."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel frowned. "You never had other friends?" he asked, perhaps more surprised than was discreet.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius frowned. "I don't go out and meet people. Most.of the ones who come to the family party are no fun and want to talk about politics or money. And the people in town are poor and stupid and want my money."

He sighed. "Chris just liked someone who took his jokes and followed him when he caused trouble. He saw me and not my family's money.. at least I don't think so."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Nobody can replace your friend." Not necessarily a bad thing. But Gabe didn't reflect on that. "And nothing can bring him back, not even revenge, and no amount of anger. But perhaps by giving other people a chance, you could make new friends, and that could help you move beyond this. Is there truly nobody in town worthy of being your friend?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius sighed and shrugged. "I haven't met one. I tried to be nice and was lied to as someone tried to scam me. I met a nice girl, I think she was a prostitute. I painted her, but we haven't hung out since then. I don't think we have much in common."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel was a little shocked when he mentioned talking to a prostitute. He had not expected that. Well, not in the context of friendship. He was well aware of the fact that rich young men often saw prostitutes in a different setting. "What of these poor, that you called stupid? "I work with many poor people, and though occasionally I have found a thief or fraud, I have also found many kind and generous people..."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius frowned sharply. "They are uneducated and undignified. I helped a girl, perhaps saved her life. I asm for a small favor and she refuses. No gratitude. They are stupid. Like I wouldn't find out their names. " He bit his nail. "They want money and don't think to be nice to someone richer and more powerful ."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Undignified?" Gabriel had to take a deep breath. "It's not these people's fault that they have received less education than you. Or that they live in squalid housing and must scramble for a living. But they were not born differently than you and I and we will all leave this world the same. It was a suggestion. To look upon your brothers and sisters with more kindness, and perhaps find friendship as a result. But only a suggestion."