Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Fly in a web [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

[Content warning: Reference to child marriage.]

And so she had given Tobias her 'yes', and a simple ceremony would be held in a week's time. Until then, life went on, and work went on, and Alice went on. She believed she did. At least her hands and feet were moving, as she was working under the west cliff to gather drift wood. She had gone further west than the other girls, for she couldn't stand the stares and whispers, and she wanted to be alone. In the distance, several miles along the beach, she could see Sandsend. She moved steadily in its direction, basket on her hip, going much further than she really had to go for her job. And then she suddenly felt dizzy, stopped, and all turned black. She dropped down into the sand.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius had gone to the beach to take a walk. No one wanted to come with him and he didn't want to bother Pearl as she was wanting independence.

He noticed a figure on the ground ahead and walked over to check on her. The basket and clothing told him from far away that she was some poor servant girl perhaps. When he turned her over he was far more offended by her looks. She had no real beauty but also had the nerve to not be interestingly ugly. So plain.

"Hey, are you alright?" His voice didn't hide his annoyance at having to help her as he tried to shake her slightly to wake her.
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice frowned, vaguely aware of the fact that she was in the sand and a strange voice addressed her. The ground was cold, and yet she felt no need to wake and get up. What did it matter. She frowned deeper. "What's going on?"
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

"You're on the beach. Looks like you collapsed. I think you need a doctor before the gulls and crabs start to devour you."

That would actually make a brilliant painting.
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

"What? No..." she moaned. They couldn't afford a doctor. She opened her eyes and sat up slowly, and then realized that it was a gentleman she was talking too, finely dressed. It surprised her that he hadn't just stepped over her. She blushed deep. "Oh, I'm so sorry for botherin' ye, ser." She quickly said, as if her fainting had been a direct affront.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

"You clearly look pale. Unless fainting is a pass time for you lower class, I think you need one." He held out his hand to help her up. Perhaps he could find some inspiration yet, that would make this distraction not a complete disappointment.

"You can make it up to me."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice reluctantly let him help her up, leaving her basket on the floor for now. She wavered lightly, but did not faint again. "I've no money, ser." She looked around, uncomfortably aware of the impropriety of all this. She already had a reputation.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked at her confused. "Clearly. Either you just let me help or you pay me back another way. But either way, don't tell anyone I helped you. "He picked up the basket put a hand on her shoulder to guide her back to town. The last thing he needed was a bunch of poor people begging him for help. "I'm just doing this because I found you in that way. So I feel like helping. "
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Oh dear. Alice started to get the message. She had been warned against rich young men like him. (Pity no one had warned her against the likes of Noah Longbottom.) She pulled away when he put a hand on her shoulder, and blushed deep. "I'm fine ser."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

He knew he wasn't the brightest man but she reminded him of another reason he shouldn't bother with even speaking with someone like her. "How do you know? But I'm not about to argue over this. I was attempting a kind gesture. If you collapse and die elsewhere, it would be someone else's problem. Are you sure?"