Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] An Awkward Confession [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel looked up at the ceiling of the confessional. Oh God, how was he to handle this? "I'm not just being kind. You are a good man." he said. "You must... try and find enjoyment in other things... your work, the good you can do for the people in this town..." That was what Gabriel did. And he was ha-, ... miserable.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah shook his head and put a hand on the door. "I've been doing it for years, and I still want to do it until I die. But, all it does is remind me how alone I am. I am always there for the others when they need me. It feels like I'm inconveniencing others if I go to anyone when I need someone. Because that is my job, it is expected.. which is fair enough. But, why can't there be one person to make me happy, and be there for when I need someone? I can come to you to confess and release.. my pain. But you aren't there when I want someone to help me smile .. I .. I am sorry." He sniffed and shook his head. "I'm sorry.. I'm just.. showing how .. pitiful and weak I really am.'
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

That stung. "You.... you can have friendships. You just need to avoid temptation." How could he ever explain to Elijah that the reason Gabriel had kept him at a distance was because the feelings were mutual. Even Elijah couldn't know what he was like. If word ever got out, his life of service was over. "We... I'm sorry if I was too distant before. We can be friends.. we just... need to be very clear on what it is. As you should with your friend." This wasn't even a confession anymore.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sniffed. "F-father.. you told me once, we couldn't be friends. It was.. inappropriate, with you as my priest." He sighed and rubbed his face. "I would rather things stay the same.. t-than you offer me a friendship.. that wasn't sincere. Just because you .. feared for my soul. I will be alright. I'll... see about putting a boundary between me and Anthony.." Of course, how well he'd keep that boundary, time would tell.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel put a hand over his eyes again and frowned. He didn't know what to say. His head was too full and his will too conflicted. "I... only meant to protect you..." he said. "Boundaries would be good... Have you anything else to confess?" he asked, eager to move on.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah waved him off. "That is my only confession.. And I know you mean well. You are a wonderful man and a wonderful priest. I feel like wherever your life had led you, you would have done well. I don't mean to.. upset you. I just feel, I don't want an insincere friend. Nothing against you, it is just.. I need something true in my life. I have far too many friends who don't know the entire truth and so I feel like as much as I love them, it is only a friendship so far. I do thank you though."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel felt hurt, but he took a deep breath. "For your penance, you must take time to pray for God to help you find joy in other areas of life... Now make an act of contrition. And provided Elijah did, he quickly spoke the words of absolution.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed heavily. "Thank you, Father. I hope for once, He listens. I shall pray extra hard. Thank you.." He did his act of contrition and opened the door to leave. "See you on Sunday. I hope you stay well."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Thanks you. Say a prayer for me." As soon as Elijah had left the church, Gabriel left the confessional, fled to the sacristy, and broke down.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was leaving but he didn't get past the steps before he wanted to say something else to the man. Not seeing Gabriel in the confessional he looked around until he heard something. Was it crying? He quietly opened the door. "F-father Richards?" He stared at him wide eyed. "Is.. everything ok?" Was he so upset, for Elijah's soul?