Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The day after [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

[Content warning: Teen pregnancy, discussion of child marriage]

It was the day after Elijah had found the Ward girls and helped bring them back to Whitby. It was the late afternoon, already dark, and Bram knocked on Elijah's door.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah opened the door and looked at Bram in surprise. "Hey there. What're you doing here Bram?" He tilted his head confused. "Is your dad alright? He didn't get sick again, did he?" He was already reaching for his jacket to go out.

391 Posts
5 Threads

Bram hugged Elijah. "Thank you for bringing my sisters home," he said.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah blinked and smiled hugging Bram. "You don't need to thank me. I'm very happy they are home too." He looked at the boy. "Have things been alright since then? I 'm sorry I haven't dropped by. I slept then had to get back to work."

391 Posts
5 Threads

"Aye, but father's mad with 'em because they lied about t' money and won't tell 'im what it was used for. But 'e kicked me out. Can we go to t' doctor now, an' make 'im say sorry?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed hoping Ben wasn't too hard but nodded as he walked with Bram towards the doctor's. "Now, he knows he was wrong, so don't be too mean. People make mistakes. Hopefully he won't strike a child ever again."

391 Posts
5 Threads

"But I wasn't naughty!" Bram argued just for the sake of arguing. He was naughty quite a lot, and it was almost unbearable to him that the one time he was not, he got called naughty anyway.

The doctor was just helping a patient into a carriage when they approached. He turned and spotted the constable and then the boy. "Ah." He looked awkward. "Why don't you come in?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Perhaps the doctor meets a lot of naughty boys so he jumped to conclusion. I know you weren't, and I had truly believed the girls would be there. Next time I'll write a note myself if something like this happens."

He nodded to the doctor. "Thank you very much, sir."He led Bram in, keeping a close eye hoping things happened quick and with some grace.

391 Posts
5 Threads

Bram, who had looked all arrogant, despite Elijah's warnings, actually started looking more frightened when he approached the doctor. He stayed close to Elijah when they entered the house.

The doctor knelt in front on him. "Now, son. I have wronged you. I've been getting a lot of lads like yourself calling me out for a prank and running away, and so when nobody was there, I assumed you had wasted my time as well."

Bram tried to look tough, and he folded his arms, but his lip quivered.

"I'm sorry I hit you and called you a liar. I'll make it up to you. Next time you or a family member need a doctor, you can come to me and I will give them a free consult, alright?"

Bram looked reluctant to accept the apology.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked grateful to the doctor then looked at Bram. "That's very kind of him isn't it? A consult can be rather expensive. You know with your dad having been ill and all, this might be of great use.' He tried to lure him to accepting it and see the usefulness in what the man was offering.