Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Odd Ones Out
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

"Then I'll see what I can do.." Darius said to Chris, hoping to finally gain some approval and perhaps better standing in his eyes. 

He rose a brow curious at the other man's description but was cut off by Chris. Once again he was outside of some joke. He tried not to let it bother him as he was going to order a drink but was interrupted by the third man. 

He wanted to say something sharp and witty but if they were good friends of Chris' he didn't want to gain his anger at insulting his friends. "Darius Carrington. Not that it matters. We're here to have fun, right ,gentlemen?" That was always Chris' plan even if sometimes it was at his expense. But maybe friends were always like this, he wouldn't know better. 

"A bottle of wine and two glasses." It might not have been what he wanted but it was expensive and not too hard of a drink for Darius to start with. He didn't want something that burned for his first drink of the evening, he also didn't want to get so far under the table that Chris could do some prank to humiliate him more than usual.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'6"

Zechariah looked down at his drink as though it had lost its appeal. A man could not help his tastes, he supposed, but there was still that innate, self-preserving repulsion to touching anything Chris' mouth had been on.

"Carrington," he said brightly, remembering mention of their wealth. "Carrington," he repeated with a frown as he also remembered an unsettling fellow Chris pointed out at some party.

His eyes wandered to Darius' hands, and then his face again.

Young enough to be a bachelor, just as the rest of them were. New money, not unlike Zechariah's family.

But, as Chris had crudely put it - not 'kosher'. Besides, he was probably a proper gentleman. There was one last drunken wistful look Darius' way before Zechariah turned to John.
Ghost of Unfortunate Pasts

74 Posts
1 Thread

"Fun indeed," Chris smiled, "and have I the plan for us tonight!"

"Have you even gone to Cambridge?" John butted in at Darius, though the others seemed to ignore him.

Zechariah ignored John because he was not as cute.

Chris ignored him because John was drunk and had influence he was still working on undermining.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius sat and glanced confused at the curly haired Zech for a moment before he turned away. His attention immediately went to John. This was getting on his nerves and he lost his smile just a little.

"Do you ever use your mouth for anything pleasant? You seem to have a talent for sucking out the joy with such speed, it's almost impressive." He shook his head and pointedly focused on Chris with a smile.

"An idea? I would love to hear it." He only hoped this wasn't one of his crazy plans that nearly had gotten Darius killed more than once, and almost arrested probably a dozen times.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

"Says the guy who forgot to bring the girls," John grouched back.

"Tsk," huffed Zechariah in a laugh. "Is it so hard to have a good time without reputations on the line?"

74 Posts
1 Thread

It was definitely one of his crazy plans that had nearly gotten Darius killed more than once and almost arrested probably a dozen times.

"Men's reputations on the line," Chris smiled, and Zechariah pursed his lips. "Now is the time for men of little faith to call it a night, my friends."

With that, Chris rose from his seat - graceful for the circumstances, but like a man walking turbulent waters despite the waves but solid floor beneath him. There was a moment of hesitation before Zechariah rose. John sat sour-faced, eyeing Darius.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius stared annoyed at John, he didn't recall being asked to bring any girls.

At the invite to a night of whatever dark planning Chris could form, Darius showed no hesitation. After Zechariah, he stood. "You know I'm always up for anything, Chris..."

He actually was sure he'd end the night humiliated and possibly injured, but reputation was one thing he didn't have to worry about on the line. Certainly anything if it would please Chris and annoy this guy, John.
Diamond Pony Owner

728 Posts
22 Threads

"Oh, God," Zechariah moaned. "The last thing he needs is our encouragement."

74 Posts
1 Thread

"On the contrary," Chris smiled over at Darius, "I think we could all use a little more of Mr. Carrington's attitude."

"Yeeaah," John drawled sarcastically. "That's the kind of thing you say before one of us ends up in jail."

Chris let out an indignant noise. He would get him yet.

"Rally, my braver men!" Chris laughed. "Tonight will be a night worth remembering!"

With that, he started out the door, and Zechariah followed - albeit slower to try and hide his stumble.

Chris had just the place in mind...
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Oh dear, what had he agreed to in his fervor to agree to anything Chris said? It was all in his childish need to remind him that he was much better to have around than this John fellow. He wasn't even completely sure how he felt about Zechariah but he wasn't as conflicting. When Chris headed to the door, he immediately got up though quietly cursed at the wasted wine. He trailed right behind the other man making sure his disliked new companion for the evening was last.

"Will you give us a hint towards this mystery that you've placed before us about the night's activities? I would like to mentally prepare for the ordeal you have in mind, in order that we may truly live.." He smiled weakly trying to not show his uncertainty.