Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Satisfied [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

27 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: He/him/his

"One moment, I'm there, an' t' lads they tell me, Steve, they tell me, ye've deserved a drink, since ye's been such a good pi-" He stopped himself "peeeeeeh person. Yes, they says, 'ere's sum money, why don't ye get yerself a nice pint of som't. So I goes an' enjoy meself, an' I go see them fancy ladies too, but I have no money, so they kick me out. But anyway... I come back and t' ship's just gone. One moment it's there, and t' next it's gone, and I think to meself, Steve, I think, it's a pretty big ship." He gestured with his hands to show that it really was quite big. "Ye can't just overlook it. But I look and look an' I just can't find it."
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'3"

A ways behind Steve, Mehmet mouthed ‘PI-RATE’.
Photographer

15 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'8"

Finch listened patiently to the man rant about his misfortunes, the only thing keeping him interested in this being him knowing that this guy is probably a criminal, and that his journalist friends will drink up this story like wine. Isn't that just charming? He subtly shifted his gaze to another man mouthing somehing that Finch tried to understand, but wasn't exactly sure whether he was understanding it correctly or not. He elected to ignore it, as he did with anything he could not understand.

"That's truly horrible. I feel for you," he said with the most monotone voice possible. "well, since you are certainly not a pirate and a missing ship is definitely something to be worried about, what say you about reporting this to the police?" Finch raised an eyebrow.

27 Posts
0 Threads

Steve was nodding along with everything the man was saying, until that last word. He stopped abruptly. "What? No. Not the coppers." Why not? He had forgotten. Man. He had a headache and he could use a drink. That shit had really dehydrated. "Say, do you have some spare change to treat a poor old pi- person to a drink?"
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

Mehmet did his best to creep by behind and past the not-pirate without eliciting his attention.

Look. Cheap drinks in a tourist town were rare.
Photographer

15 Posts
2 Threads

Finch's face remained blank, but his curiosity was piqued. "Why, but if you are not a criminal or a pirate, then what reason do you have to be reluctant of reporting this to the police? We are both upstanding citizens, are we not?" he tilted his head slightly. "I wil get you a drink in a bit, do not worry about that, good sir." That was completely untrue, of course—he would never do that. Why should he spend his money on this fucking freak, when he could spend it on himself?

Though he did find himself relatively interested in the conversation by now, he still found his gaze moving as soon as he saw movement in the background. Ah. Trying to get away from all this, he assumes. A noble goal, and one he shall not disturb or interrupt.

27 Posts
0 Threads

Steve thought. He tried to come up with an excuse, but these days he found it hard to think even if he was sober. Was he sober? Instead, he turned to the man who was just passing by. "Excuse me, ser! Could ya spare some change for a good old pirate?" DAMMIT!
Gardener

55 Posts
2 Threads

The second Steve turned around, Mehmet was already running.

"İngilizce bilmiyorum!"

Turkish:
Photographer

15 Posts
2 Threads

Finch had to resist a grin at both the man admitting to being a criminal, and at the other man running away as if this was the Devil himself. Comedy at it's finest. "Pardon, sir?" he asked for the attention of the pirate. This is good. "I know a place where you can get cheap and good drinks, if you would only let me show you there." Of course, he wouldn't actually show him to a pub or whatever—he just assumed the man was enough of a moron to follow him at the promise of cheap drinks. He seemed like enough of a moron.

27 Posts
0 Threads

He certainly was.

But not in the way Emmett hoped. Steve ran after the foreign man. "Waaaaait! I don't understand you!"