or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

[CW: mentions of trauma, homophobia, sex]

It was rather late in the evening when Anthony went outside for a breath of fresh air. It was not pitch black outside, but there was no notable amount of daylight there either—it was those few hours that you were likely to get shanked in the kidneys, but not as much as you would've had it been midnight. Anthony, however, was also quite skilled at stabbing people so he would probably be safe. Probably. So, as it happened, he was walking. Not with any real goals in mind—if he finds someone to rough up and steal from then that's good, if he finds a kindred soul to talk with then that's also good, and even if he doesn't find any of those things it's still good.

He was feeling quite melancholic, though—and he didn't particularly enjoy it. That which has happened that shall not be named gave him much to think about, and not in the good and fun way, but rather in the 'triggered bad memories' way. Of course, he was rather uncertain of why he was so affected by this—he usually tries so, so hard to not be affected by past memories and seem all fine and cool. Deep down, however, he knew why and he knew that he didn't like knowing that. He only hoped that his feelings don't show on his face right now.

Anthony stopped walking, and just stood still in the street.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

It was really late, Elijah felt he should go home but he had decided to take a walk once more and was around a rough area. He was careful to avoid dark shadows and alleyways, there were too many cases of people robbed, injured, or worse.

His gloved fingers pulled up on his collar to cut out some of the cold before hugging himself a bit. He tried to be quiet with his footsteps on the cobblestones but the silence on the street was overwhelming. He didn't want to broadcast himself but he started to walk a bit quicker wanting to enjoy the warmth at home.

When he noticed the sounds of another person he glanced up at the man. He almost walked past but slowed to nod a greeting. "Evening."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

And that was what made Anthony snap out of his zoned out state, and turn his head quickly to face whomever greeted him. He stared up at him for a moment in complete silence, as if just processing the situation. It's not like he ACTUALLY expected to see someone out here. "What?" he asked, almost entirely just out of reflex—he knew damn well what the other had said. "Oh. Yeah. Good evening to you too, sir."

Now hyperaware of the fact that he had just been standing stiffly in the middle of the street, dangerously close to dissociating, Anthony crossed his arms, then placed them on his hips, then did nothing with them for what was probably only a second, then crossed them again. He was a bit too caught up with his own mind to even think about whether he recognized this man or not or if he should even do anything other than just stand aloofly in the street.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah watched the man act oddly. He stopped walking and moved a little closer. His hand carefully reached to touch his arm. "Are you alright?" 

He wondered if he was drunk or ill. "I am Constable Crane." He was about to offer to help get the man to his home or a room, but he didn't recognize him and decided to show some caution. "Do you... need help?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Oh shit.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine," Anthony replied, dangerously close to swatting his hand away, but deciding against in the end. Whether he was actually alright or not depended on one's definition of the word 'alright', but most definitions would say that he is, in fact, not very alright at all.

"No—no help at all. I'm just fine." His previous, already existing anxiety was basically multiplied by a hundred as soon as he heard that the man was a constable, as Anthony didn't exactly want to be arrested. Yeah, he wasn't doing anything illegal at the moment, but he is basically doing illegal things every other moment in the day. Maybe if he weren't an absolute wreck right now he would be less neurotic like this, but alas, he is a wreck.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Concern grew as the man was clearly nervous. Elijah wasn't sure if he was dangerous or scared, either way he didn't wish to leave him alone just yet.

"Alright. Want me to get you something to drink? You look like you're a bit on edge. There is a pub not far from here. You can get a warm meal too if you're hungry." He hoped if that was all the man needed, he'd  relax and be off the dangerous street. If he was a criminal, perhaps it would stop any nefarious plans he had that evening.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

"Fine. Sure. I guess," Anthony said, eagerly awaiting the moment that this interaction will end they'll both go their own ways. Alas, with what he had just said, it seemed unlikely that it would end very soon.

Anthony was, of course, skeptical of the man and curious about his intentions. Noone sane just randomly offers to get some stranger to a pub, especially when there'd be a pretty high chance that said stranger is a bastard that would stab them. Granted, he wouldn't even try and stab him now that he knew he was a constable, but he was still feeling pretty squirrely. What if he accidentally stabs him? What if he's committed a crime right now and doesn't even know it? Shit. He doesn't want to be arrested.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

The man was still nervous, but he walked side by side with him to guide him to the place for a drink. He kept him in his peripheral to make sure he didn't make any sudden moves, such as reach for a hidden blade. "It's much too cold to be wandering out on your own. Are you new in town? I don't recognize you, though I don't usually remember every face. This town has grown a bit since I was a boy." He laughed lightly, hoping maybe talking would get the guy to relax.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony walked beside him, glancing up at him every few seconds. "No. I'm from here," he shrugged, trying not to seem too neurotic or anxious, but failing. He didn't know what this guy's intentions were but he wasn't very trusting of him. Unlike all those other people, he wasn't a moron blindly trusting everyone. (Despite the fact that his current paranoia was perhaps even worse than that. Whatever.) "I guess it has."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Yeah? Well I suppose we just kept missing each other then. " Elijah shrugged and gestured towards the building as it loomed ahead. "Here we are. It'll warm you up and fill you. By the way, you didn't give me your name? What can I call you?" He tilted his head giving him an innocent smile before opening the door to let him in.