Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Past and Present [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

339 Posts
19 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'11"

"Even still," she said, cheeks red. "Who wants to hear a woman prattle on about her past when they don't even know her?" She chuckled a warm and rich sounding one. At least she seemed genuine. She was also glad the man wasn't trying to get her into bed with him upon hearing her profession; a rare circumstance but appreciated, nevertheless. She stood and walked to the water's edge, just beyond the point where it came in and drifted back into the sea in undulating waves. "I must seem very odd to you."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

"I don't know. But I don't particularly mind the rambling," Anthony shrugged, turning his head ever so slightly to see where Sonia is going now. Only to the water's edge, it seemed. That was fine. He himself was a bit too afraid of the water hitting him—these were his favourite boots, after all—and was very pleased with standing away from the sea and just admiring it from a short distance away it. Though he wouldn't say it out loud, he was fairly pleased with the direction this conversation is going. That is, away from Sonia's 'who am I' and 'looking for answers' things.

"Maybe so. But, odd people are the best kind of people, I think," he looked at her, with a small smile on his face. Everyone was so concerned with being proper and socially acceptable and conforming to norms, that even though he had found her confusing, he still enioyed the change of pace.

339 Posts
19 Threads

She managed a smile as she turned to look at hi,... not her slow smile of seduction that she plied on men... for some reason, she didn't think he was interested in that kind of smile... something about him threw her off anyways. She wasn't the least bit upset about that thought. "Ahh, then you are in good company... for I am very odd." Sonia gave a chuckle as she poked fun at herself. "The moon is bella.. beautiful... tonight. It is a good night for a walk." She turned back to the sea and pondered for a moment, "I assume that is why you chose to walk here." And not for weird conversation with a slightly confused amnesiac.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony's smile remained on his face as he side-glanced at Sonia, and then looked back at the sea. "I'm sure you are," he chuckled, pulling his hands out of his pockets to place them on his hips instead. Though the comment may have seemed weird or perhaps even hurtful, the smile on his face suggested that it was mesnt to be neither of those things. "as luck would find it, I'm 'rather odd' too. What an odd few we are."

As Sonia pointed it out, Anthony tilted his head up a bit to look at the moon in all its glory. "It is, isn't it? I like taking walks during the night. Especially when there's a moon like this outside," he rambled on, sighing a bit at the end of his sentence wistfully. "a beautiful moon, that is. Outside." He added with a bit of an aloof laugh. It's been a bit since he's actually had a normal conversation with someone he isn't planning on robbing or stabbing, or who plans to rob and stab him. Perhaps that was what his awkwardness stemmed from.

339 Posts
19 Threads

"It truly is beautiful," she said honestly. "Bellisima." The girl stared for a time in silence after that. Strangely enough it wasn't made awkward on her part. She seemed to be deep in thought the way she had been when he happened upon her. Sonia wished she had her violin with her in that moment. She had not played since the night the night she had made a deal with the devil who she only knew as "Master." He was someone who could frighten the paint off the wall if you crossed him; she had seen first hand the extent of his temper once. He would help her, but the price she had to pay was high. But even the master could not take away the feelings her violin evoked, especially on nights like that where the moon was high in the sky. "It is too bad that I did not think to bring my violin. It would have gone well with the night."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony nodded, having nothing more to add. It truly was beautiful, was it not? Though he had never been a man who shied away from showing his appreciation for aesthetics, he didn't exactly speak of it often, so this change of pace was........calming, perhaps. Regardless of what thoughts and philosophizing the sight of the moon in the sky brought, he had to agree that was, in fact, beautiful. He hadn't even noticed the silence between the two until Sonia finally broke it—with something that surprised him a bit, no less.

"You play the violin?" Anthony raised an eyebrow in curiosity. Though he enjoyed music, it wasn't often that he'd get to hear actual, professionally played music. It was one of the few things that he envied about nobility—the fact that they can just. Hire musicians.Who play for them.

339 Posts
19 Threads

"I do," she said. "I've played for as long as I can remember." In her voice was probably the first sign of happiness. Her violin was her constant, the thing she turned to no matter what she felt. She should have brought it, she thought again. How long had it been since she played by the moonlight? She'd been in Venice, sitting upon the roof of the Gilded Lily (the brothel where she first plied her trade.) Mere months ago.