Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] That's one hell of a snail [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Nice to meet you." The girls muttered, still looking shy. "I'm afraid the meal will be plain, M-, Pearl..." Alice apologized.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"That doesn't bother me," she said softly. After all, she did not have much of an appetite after her illness.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose started laying the table. Suddenly the door open and a man and two redhaired boys entered.
"Oh father," Rose said quickly. "This is Pearl Carrington. She's my friend. I invited her for tea." Rose suddenly became aware of how pretentious it sounded. The Carringtons were one of the wealthiest families in town and so everyone at least knew the name. Rose blushed.

Her father looked from Rose to Pearl thoughtfully for a moment. Then he closed the door and put his fisherman's cap on a peg at the wall. "Pleasure to meet ye, miss Carrington. Ye'r welcome to join us, but do yer parents or husband know ye'r here? This is hardly a place for a lady."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Pleasure to meet you, sir," she countered, and then flushed when he brought up a husband she didn't have, and her parents, who were no longer completely controlling her life. "I do not have a husband and I no longer reside with my parents." There, that should do it. Please, she thought, don't be like the Baron.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben seemed confused. "Apologies, Miss... well, whoever is lookin' after ye, miss. Do they know you're here? We don't want no trouble, 's all."
"Father, Pearl lives alone." Rose tried to help, but she realized that that notion would sound as strange to her father as it did to her.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She shook her head, I look after myself, sir. There will be no trouble." There was frustration clearly in her eyes. "Perhaps this wasn't a good idea," she went on to say. "Thank you very much for the invitation... really... But perhaps I should go." Because nobody will accept.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

There was an awkward silence in the room. Rose felt embarrassed for her friend, and embarrassed towards her, since she had invited her and put her into this position. She wanted to tell her she could stay, but dared not decide that on her own now.
"Oh, no, I do apologize, miss," said her father. "I did not mean to chase you away. As long as it won't give offence to anyone, please do stay." He gestured towards the chair. "Though I'm afraid we have now't but plain food to offer."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She sighed, "I seem to be offending people a lot on my own with the choices I make... Thank you for not taking offense. You have a lovely home and I don't mind humble snacks..."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"It's not my place to take offence, Miss." Ben sat down at the table. "I know yer.... people can take other liberties than us. We just don't want no trouble with your family." The girls, meanwhile, finished laying the table and brought two pans. One contained potatoes, and the other two fish. The other children sat at the table, and Rose took Pearl's hand.
"Sit next to me." She led the girl to a seat next to herself. Ben squinted his eyes a little, but didn't say anything. He said a short prayer and then started serving food, serving the largest portion to Pearl and the oldest boy, a red-headed twelve year old.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She frowned when she got one of the bigger portions, and she said, "Please... put some of this on your plate. You needn't give me special treatment." She wasn't trying to be rude, it just didn't seem right that she got more food than others. Besides, she didn't need all of that.